Goodnight! (Baby Sidemen #2)

Ages
Josh, 6, Simon, 6, Tobi, 4, Ethan, 4, JJ, 2, Vikk, 1 and Harry, 1.

Your POV

Right, time for the kids to get to bed. This was gunna be torturous. The problem was, they shared rooms. Vikk and Tobi had one, Josh and Simon had another, and JJ, Harry and Ethan shared the last one. Normally, Harry, Ethan and Tobi had no problems, Simon and JJ wold just mess about until I separated them for a while, Josh would help me with all of the boys, then go to bed, and Vikk would refuse to sleep until he had finished building whatever block house he was making that day. It was like WW3 every night in this house! Now... What to do first...

"Josh! Can you come help me?" I asked. I heard his footsteps approach from downstairs, and he appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Hey (Y/N), are we getting the others to sleep?"

"Yeah Joshy. Let's get JJ and Simon in the playroom." I said, taking his hand and leading him back downstairs.

"JJ! Simon!" I called, looking round, trying to find them. Eventually, I saw them in the garden, kicking a football as high as they could. When Simon hit the ball, I saw it fly over the garden wall, and into the neighbour's house with a sound like smashing glass.

"Not again, Simon." I muttered before picking JJ up and taking him inside, to the playroom. Josh followed close behind, hand in hand with Simon. Once we had got to the playroom, I put JJ in the baby chair thing that has wheels to stop him wandering around. Josh let go of Simon and walked out the room, me following.

"Shall we sort out Harry and Ethan next?" I asked.

"Yeah. I think Harry is already in his room." Josh said.

"K" I replied, starting to go up the stairs. We entered Harry's room and saw Harry sat by his cot, trying to get into it. "Oh, Harry!" I said, laughing and picking him up. "Why didn't you come and get me?" I said, and Harry just wriggled round in my arms. I put him down on the changing table and went to the dresser, pulling out his blue pyjamas. I walked back to him, changing his clothes, then picking him up.

"'ed!" Harry said, hitting me with his tiny fists.

"Ok, ok, little devil!" I said, laughing and putting Harry in his  cot. He immediately snuggled down and pulled the blanket over his shoulders. "Nighty night, little Harry." I said, leaning down and kissing him on the forehead. Josh then did the same, and we walked out, in search of Ethan.

"Will 'than be in the playroom?" Josh asked.

"Probably." I said, taking his hand and going to the playroom. When we went in, we saw Simon and Ethan trying to pull JJ out of the chair.

"Hey!" I said, picking Ethan up and taking Simon's hand. "Don't do that!"

"But Jide wanted to get out!" Simon said, tugging in my hand.

"Then you should've come and got me!" I said, shaking my head.

"Sorry!" Simon said, looking down.

"Next time, come to me." I said, letting Simon go and putting Ethan down next to Josh. I then picked JJ up out of the chair and put him on the floor. "Me and Josh are gunna put Ethan to bed, please try not to destroy anything." I said, picking Ethan back up and taking him up the stairs to the room he shared with Harry and JJ. Josh pushed opened the door quietly and walked in, and I followed. Quietly, I put Ethan on the changing table as he giggled. Walking over to the drawers, I took out Ethan's red pyjamas. Once he was changed, I put him in his bed and kissed his cheek. He immediately wiped my kiss off his cheek and giggled loudly.

"Ssssh, Ethan. Harry's sleeping!" Josh whispered, laughing slightly. This just caused Ethan to giggle more, and I sighed and took Josh's hand, leading him out.

"Nighty night Ethan!" I said, closing the door. Suddenly, I heard a smash from downstairs.

"SIMON! JJ! IS EVERYBODY OK?" I yelled, hoping no one had been injured.

"YEAH!" I heard Simon yell. I quickly clattered down the stairs and into the playroom, where JJ was sat in the wreckage of a window. Yes, yet another broken window.

"Can you not?" I asked, sighing and picking up JJ, wiping the glass shards off him. "How did you even break the window?"

"Um... we were having a teddy bear fight and I kind of threw the ball at JJ and accidentally hit the window..." Simon said. Why am I not surprised?

"The plastic, really heavy ball that I told you not to throw around?"

"Um... yeah..."

"And you threw it at JJ's head?"

"Not at his head specifically..."

"Suuuuuuuure. Get to bed." I said tiredly. Simon nodded and ran upstairs to his room, clearly not wanting to get into any more trouble. I lay JJ down on the sofa and assessed the damage. Luckily, the glass didn't cut his skin. Sighing, I walked upstairs to JJ's room, leaving JJ with Josh, to grab his pyjamas. When I had them, I went back down and changed JJ into his pink pyjamas (A/N I think that's his GTA V colour 😁)

"Josh, you can go and play with Vikk and Tobi if you want, I need to get JJ to sleep before I take him up to his room, I can't trust him to be quiet." I said, cradling JJ.

"Ok." Josh said, making his way up to Vikk and Tobi's room. I held JJ until he fell asleep, and I felt his head fall back onto my shoulder. Very carefully, I carried him up to his cot and laid him down to sleep. I went up to Vikk's room and sat down on the floor opposite Vikk (Who was playing with Duplo), Josh and Tobi. Now to complete the impossible mission of getting Vikk to sleep...

"Hey Vikky." I said quietly. "You ready to go to beddy-bies?"

"Naw. Ah need 'inish ma 'ouse" Vikk said, stacking some Duplo blocks on top of each other.

"Vikk, you need to wait until tomorrow to finish it."

"I can't!"

"Please, Vikky."

"Naw."

"Right, at least get into your pyjamas!"

"K" Vikk replied, then pulled out his yellow pyjamas. Tobi got out his black ones, and Josh went downstairs to get his orange pyjamas. Once they were all changed, I picked Vikk up and put him in his cot so he could no longer play with his blocks.

"Right, it's bedtime now, sleep, Vikky."

"But..."

"Sleep, Vikky." Tobi interrupted.

"Fine." Vikk said, lying down fully as Tobi got into his bed.

"Night boys." I said, kissing them both on the cheek and walking out, Josh following a few moments later. I led Josh back to his room where I said good night to both Josh and Simon, then headed downstairs to clean up the mess JJ and Simon had made.

Believe it or not, this was one of the quieter nights.