Chapter 6

Summer:

It was then I saw them.

There were four guys of approximately Jay’s age. All boys, sitting in a circle, I couldn’t see them clearly. But one thing I can see is the smoke, coming out of their mouths.

Are they smoking or what?

But the next thing startled me. One of the guys, who were sitting on a huge rock, opened up a white packet. He poured the contents on his hand and smelled it. At that moment I saw his face as he inhaled the powder. His face glowed and a small smile light on his face. He closed his eyes and moved his head slowly as if enjoying it. And then suddenly his eyes opened and his eyes met mine.

That’s what I thought so when someone pulled me from there to the nearby wall. His hands were on my elbow, pinning me closer to him and his eyes gazing at me.

“What the hell were you thinking there?”Austin yelled at me.

“Austin?” I looked confused. How come he is here?

“Yeah, you don’t know no one comes here?” he still looked angrily.

“I…I know but I was watching them,” I pointed towards them.

I peeked from there and saw that they were still there, doing odd things. He pulled me again from there and dragged me from that part to the bench.

“Just promise me you will never go there or talk to them,” he was trying to catch his breath while speaking to me.

Reluctantly I nodded. For a moment he looked relief and sighed. we reached the place where I placed my bag and books.

“So, who are they?” I asked him with curiosity.

He didn’t answer me quickly. Instead he sat beside where I kept me books and bag and patted me. I sat beside him and looked at him.

“So?” I reminded him again about my question.

“They are part of our school,” he said looking around the school.

“Then what are they doing there?”

“They…. They are smoking and they are kind of bad. No one ever try to be friends with him nor do they talk to us,”

“Why? Are they dangerous?”

“Yeah, something likes that. No one want involve with them,” he looked at me sending me a message to me.

“So what about the school authorities? They can take some action, right?” I thought for a while and said.

“What would they do if they are the children of the highest authorities of this school,” he smirked.

“Oh! Cool,” I said.

For a moment we didn’t talked anything. We remained in silent, listening to the chattering of the birds and the fresh breeze making the trees rustle. Soon the bell rang indicating the first period over. But one question still hangs in me.

“What were you doing here? I mean you should be in class,” I asked him. He looked unsure of what he was saying.

“Tell you the truth, I kept searching for you, I heard that incident and saw it. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. You are fine, right?” he looked at me.

“Yeah, I am fine now. All I wanted to know who have done this?” I could here the hint of anger in my voice. Even he sensed that.

“Don’t worry, no one will going to bother you anymore. And… and forget about it. We will track them later,” he ran his fingers on his hair.