Chapter 12

Summer:

“Did you just hear that?”

“Yeah, I can’t believe that, oh my god! That was so not like her,”

“Hey did you hear what happened this weekend?”

I passed through the homeroom as I heard all the girls chatting among themselves. All of them have the astonishing faces and many gasped while talking. It was as if the whole school was talking about the same thing. What that can be?

… This weekend?

Oh no! Did they found out about Jay? No, that can be impossible. Since two months we maintained it a secret and no one actually knows about it rather than me, Austin and Jess. The day we found out about the problem Jay was suffering from, we decided to help him to overcome it.

Neither I nor Jay wants to involve our parents in this. We took a special appointment in the rehab center, where a kind lady over forty years old, approved to help us. From the day she started her therapy, Jay has changed a lot. He turned out into more friendly and sweet. There was always a moment for us where we used to share all those things that happened in our past lives. Jay, Jess Austin and me, we always go together with him to the rehab on alternative days.

With in few days, Jay and I were inseparable. He became a protective and a lovely brother. He became the one I always wanted. May be the time had finally come for me, where the happiness for me was never ending.

I jerked back to the reality when I heard the laughter and giggles coming from my behind. I glanced back to see the Barbie’s… but only two of them were here. Where is the main Barbie?

“Oh My God! I can’t believe that, poor Caria,” one of the Barbie named Stacy with brown hair and who is much shorter than me, laughed.

“Yeah, and you know, now that she is busted, may be I will be the queen bee,” another Barbie named Lucy, flipped her black short hair and smirked at Stacy.

I turned to take out my books from the locker but my mind was still on one question, why are they talking like this about Caria?

“Hey,” I heard a too familiar voice with excitement. I smiled to myself and locked the locker.

“Abby,” I sing-along her name. She giggled.

“Listen, I know you have kind off avoiding our group events but now we are strictly thinking of one,” she made a serious face. We walked along to our class while she chit chatted about the guys, what they are thinking and all. Since I was concentrating on Jay’s therapy sessions, I couldn’t think of any other events. They have been forcing me to do something. I sighed in relief when I saw our class in the view.

“Hey, did you know anything….. I mean the whole school is talking about?” I asked her when we entered our class and sat on our corner places. She eyed me curiously and relaxed.

“That! Caria was raped last weekend,” she said in a casual tone.

“W… What?”

“Yeah, apparently they went to a date and that guy raped her last night. He made a video of everything he had done to her and now it is in everyone’s mobile,” she whispered.

“Oh My God! That’s awful,” I gasped thinking about her.

“Yeah, that’s awful but she deserves it,” somewhere in her voice I could sense the anger and vengeance. Yeah, right Caria was the one, who was responsible for Abby’s best friend death.

“No, Abby. She is mean and cruel but she doesn’t deserve that. NO girl ever deserves that even if how much bad things she does,” I expressed my feelings whilst she scoffed at my response.