Chapter 10

Jay:

Heavy wind was blowing outside making the curtains of my window flowing. I sighed and looked at it. I didn’t bother to go near to it and remove it. The wind will apparently stop. I stay on the same position on my bed with both my arms under my head and my eyes kept looking at the ceiling.

My phone was ringing for past three hours but I didn’t bother to pick it up. It’s not like I want to but one movement of my body, I can feel the disturbance in my body and the pain in my heart. My whole body is in fire and my throat is dry. I couldn’t do anything except lying on the bed and trying to forget it.

My body was carving for it. It shook my whole body and my mind is going numb. Tears were forming in my eyes. But I won’t move nor won’t I allow it to win over me. I closed my eyes and began to think about Jess. Her smile, her laugh and her voice was echoing in my head. It’s been days since I heard her voice.

That day, when that campaign event ended, we fought. I yelled at her which I never do. I accused her something that’s not her fault. But still being a jerk I couldn’t ignore the dull and tired eyes of her when she sees me everyday. It’s been days when I held her in my arms, when I kissed her on her lips. Those eyes were sad and the dark circle around her eyes showed that she cried every night and didn’t sleep even single time. I felt guilty for making her this. But at least I have to give it a try.

When I was completely thinking about her, someone knocked the door. I ignored it but someone continued it until I stood up from my bed.

May be its Mom, who is knocking the door. She can’t understand me why I am like this? Why I am yelling at everyone and why my temper levels have grown to extreme level. I sighed and walked to the door. I glanced at the mirror and shocked looking at my image.

My hair is messy, with eyes swollen out and dark circles around it. I haven’t showered since two days and I suck. I reached one of my black goggles and wore it. Mom wouldn’t see my eyes then. I walked and opened the door.

Standing right in front of me was --- summer.

“Hey, Jay” she waved at me, nervously.

“What are you doing?” I asked her, neglecting her wave.

“Just simply visited to ask you why you didn’t come to the party?” she raised her eyebrows at me.

“I…. I didn’t want to,” I replied to her arrogantly. I didn’t want her to feel about me. When I said those words, her face fell in sadness but she recovered quickly.

“Okay, hey why are you wearing your goggles?” she pointed to my eyes.

“It’s none your business Summer,” I sighed and decided to close the door but she held her hand to stop me.

“Hey, I just wanted to say Thanks,” she smiled.

“What? Why thanks?”

“Because I heard that it was you who warned everyone about the prank that played on me,”

“What?” I stammer. How did she come to know that? Austin or Jess? They only know about it.

“Yeah, about it,” she dragged it and smiled.

I remember that day clearly. When I saw that picture, I was damn sure known who had sent that. But before dealing with it, I have to deal with those who were going to take action on summer. When I saw that picture, somewhere deep in my heart I felt the angry which turned out more when I heard those comments. That day I acted as a protective brother. She never found that I send messages to them and warned them if they tease her again, I am going to take things seriously, not until now.