Chapter 16

new chapter..... enjoy with a little twist at the end...

.......................................................

Summer:

Did he just say that he loves me…?

Yeah, you dumb idiot, he said he loves you and even kissed you.

Shit…. Shit! How can he kiss me? Why did he kiss me? Oh god! Why he had done this? What’s the matter with this guy? I stood there freezing, looking into his eyes. His eyes turned into something that I can’t even express. He released me slowly without taking his eyes off me.

What I have done? Why did I kiss him back? I shouldn’t have done that.

I quickly got up from the edge and turned away from him. I twisted my hands into each other, to ease of the tension. My eyes wandered around to see the clear area around us. Probably everyone is inside, except us.

I should respond to him, he said something to me and I have to respond to him. Why it has to be today? Why he has to say it today and kiss me so softly and romantically.

No… no Summer, you can’t think about him like that. He is your friend. One kiss can’t change anything.

I was so much in my thoughts that I didn’t realize Austin was sitting there, alone, looking at the ground. He looked as if he lost something, staring into the blank space. Did he realize what’s there in my mind?

I sighed and walked up to him. He didn’t even look at me. I sat beside him and waited, waited for the right words to come out.

“Austin,” I started,” It’s not like that I….. I like you, but… Umm… you know… I mean… you are my best friend, my brother’s best friend. I like you,”

That was so convincing. I hope I haven’t hurt him.

“Then you don’t love me?” he looked at me. I saw anger and hurt in his eyes. He didn’t show it but I can see that.

“I… I didn’t feel like that for you, Austin. Every time I saw you, I felt like as a best friend. And that’s it,”

“Do… do you need time or something? I mean…”

“Austin, I don’t love you. I ….. I love someone else,” that’s it, I said that.

For a moment, he looked confused. A small smiled flickered over his lips but it faded. He thought I was kidding. But why would I say that?

“You are kidding, right?” he held both of my forearms and made me look straight in to his eyes. He doesn’t know one thing that he was pinning his nails into my flesh. I didn’t express it even. What I felt now is nothing much compared to what he felt just now.

“Why would I?” I shrugged my shoulders. I tried to free myself from him but his grip was strong.

“Who is he?” he growled.

“He…. Is…. Justin,” I bit my lower lip. A small tear rolled over his cheek. I know he is hurt, angry and most possibly broken. He pulled me towards him, completely decreasing the distance between us. I could feel his hot breath over my face.

“Justin? You… love him?” I gritted his teeth.

“Yeah, I… do love him. Last year, we dated and eventually we started to love each other. He also proposed me but when I heard he cheated on me, I left him. He is now here, begging and pleading for me,” his hands slowly loosen me. We were still close to each other. He brought his hand over my face and cupped it.