Chapter 14

Summer:

My jacket... My jacket... I chanted while searching for my black jacket. Where the hell did I kept it? I looked around my room, in my bathroom, in my balcony and also in my drawers... But in vain.

I sat on my bed feeling exhausted and breathed heavily. I want my jacket, and now I am already late. I crused myself while leaving my room in white skirt that reached my knees and a silk pink blouse.

I checked my watch. It's 10:30 and the appointment is at 11:30. Great! I have still time. I smiled to myself and walked down the stairs.

I saw Jay sitting on the breakfast counter stool, silently drinking his coffee, dad as usual reading news paper and Jenny cooking. I walked to them and sat beside Jay. He looked at me and gave me a wide smile.

"Good morning, everybody" I said cheerfully taking the glass filled with mango juice.

"Good morning, sweetie" dad peeked from his newspaper and looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"What's up? Are you guys going out?" I nodded at that.

At that instant I felt someone kicked my feet. I jerked back to see Jay narrowing his eyes at me. I gave him what-the-look but he rolled his eyes.

"That's it," Jenny turned to us with both her hands resting on her hips. Her eyes were narrow and lips pressed together in straight line.

"What? What have I done?" I looked at both Jay and Jenny. Jay looked helpless and silently drank his coffee. What's with him?

"I want to know what's going on between you guys. I already asked Jay but he didn't said anything. So you tell me," Jenny spat out.

My eyes went wide and my jaw dropped. By this time dad kept his paper aside and looked at us. So that's why Jay is so silent... I wonder.

"What do you mean by that? It's not... OMG! Eww... Jenny we are brothers and sisters, we can't... I mean.." I trailed off looking shocked.

"Summer... I am not talking like that... Oh god! I am talking about the way you guys are acting now-a-days." Jenny sat on the stool and looked at us. 

I tried to stop my smile. I loved the way she got confused about what I said.

"Yeah Summer, I saw you guys talking together, laughing together and even playing!" my dad poked in.

"Is that a bad thing?" I raised my eyebrow at him. He laughed.

"No... No... I am happy that you guys got along but what's I am asking is that whether you guys are hiding something from us?" dad responded casually.

I gulped. Parents are so experienced, they can just catch anything. Okay, they just got a doubt... Damn it, it's just a doubt. One thing: Don't Panic!

"Nothing dad, we aren't hiding anything, right Jay?" I looked at him. He nodded with a big smile.

"Okay, we believe you. Now where you guys going?" Jenny asked me with curiosity.

"Just out with friends" Jay answered her.

"Yeah, I know... But where?" 

Oh ho... What are we going to do? It's a dead end. 

What more we can say... Think Summer, think fast. My eyes fell on the neatly wrapped newspaper. And that's it.

"We are going for cricket match" I responded casually and flipped my hair. 

Everyone looked shocked, even Jay. He should appreciate me for this sudden excuse.