Chapter 25

Jay:

I didn’t know how to react when I heard those words from Justin. No, it can’t be possible. She is just eighteen and she can’t be pregnant. How can she be!

Dad sat on the nearby bench covering his face into his hands. The way he sat there, my heart dropped. Mom sat next to him and hugged him. They were crying and I saw my mom buried her face on his shoulder. Nothing looked normal, even Jess looked shocked. But the person who was more shocked was Austin.

He leaned to the wall, looking blankly at the wall. Color drained from his face and I saw him sweating. Has he done this to Summer? How he is feeling after he heard that? I know he loves her but he is shocked. I walked up to him and stood in front of him.

“Can I know what just happened?”

“I…. I don’t…. know,” he stammered. I looked into his eyes and I could see a spark… the same one that I had once I came to know that Jess was pregnant. He’s not going to leave her… I know that for sure. Before I could this question, Justin stood next to us, looking sad.

“Well guys, I think it’s time to know the truth,” he sighed and looked back at dad. He stood up and shoved his hands into his pockets, looking nervously.

“Don’t hate me when you hear the truth…. I hope you don’t hate her even,” he chocked and left the corridor. Mom stood up and looked at me and back at Dad. Without saying anything she left along with dad. Confused, I looked at Justin who looked depressed.

“Why don’t you all come inside?” he opened the nearby door and we all entered. The room was completely filled with white paint along with the wooden desk. A name paint of Justin March was written on it. And beside that there was a small silver colored frame with a picture of Justin and Summer. Maybe it was before she came here… she looks so young and innocent.

Justin sat on the chair and we sat in front of him. Jess also wanted to come but I made her sit outside. Whatever it is, I don’t want her to hear this. She loved summer and if there is something called truth about summer, its better she is not here.

“So…..” Justin placed his hands on the desk and looked at us. His fingers were twisting with fear.

“Before you think anything else…. I wanted to say that Summer is sick,” he didn’t looked directly at us. Sick? What does he mean by sick? She is just pregnant but it’s not sick… it’s actually a good news.

“In the world of medicine, there are many rare cases. Some are researched for cure for many days and it may take years and some, even if, they are researched, we don’t get the cure and …” he was cut off by Austin.

“What is exactly you are talking about?” He asked directly. Justin sighed. My heart was racing to hear what Justin will say.

“Four years back….. Summer was sick. She had a problem with her heart. Her dad showed her to a doctor and they said that after a small surgery that will be cured but that didn’t happen,” he looked at us. The whole room was silent. I could hear the breeze coming from the nearby window.

“What do you mean by it didn’t happen?” I found myself asking him.

“By the time the surgery came, we found something else, her heart muscles are not supporting her heart and even if the surgery is done, that won’t be successful,”

“Then? What you did?” Austin asked.

“We tried with medicines, with other form of medicines and after every medicine even though we found the progress but Summer was getting weaker day by day. The medicines were so powerful that it was draining her energy from her body so…”