Elsewhere |7|

Ellie Moore

I sat in Daryl's tent, reading the book Dale gave me a while ago. It was quite around the farm. Well, where I was at least. "Hey Ellie, you in there?" I heard Lori's voice ask. "No, come back later." I smiled. I heard a small chuckle and she opened my tent. "Why aren't you in the house talking with Carl?" She asked.

"I'd rather be alone than hanging inside while we still have this fall weather," I said. "How do you know it's fall?" Lori asked.

"It gets dark earlier than usual," She nodded. "Well, I'm not letting you stay here by yourself so get up." She grabbed my hand helping me up. I followed her out of the tent and we walked up to the house.

Carol was in the kitchen making food and I sat down at the table. Hershel walked in and looked around. Lori smiled and he gave a soft smile. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned. Carol pointed over to an apron.

"Why don't you help? I'll teach you how to make cookies." She smiled. I nodded and put it on. Carol showed me how to bake cookies and even let me lick the bowl of icing. "I'm going out!" I yelled. Lori gave me an okay and I walked outside. I sat on the porch and watched the leaves blow in the wind.

The soft breeze blew my hair back and I saw Glenn. I waked up to him and Andrea screamed walker. I squinted to where she was looking. I made out the figure and I knew actually who it was.

Daryl.

I saw Shane and everyone running towards him. "No!" I yelled. "It's Daryl!" No one listened. "Guys don't!" I yelled. Andrea took the shot as I ran as fast as I could towards them.

I watched him fall and I screamed falling to the ground. Everyone ran out of the house as I cried. Andrea smiled happily. She then looked at me. Lori grabbed me asking what happened. I couldn't speak. "She killed him." I finally got out.

"I just shot a walker." Andrea defended.

"It was Daryl!" I yelled. Lori shushed me calming me down. "Ellie look," Lori whispered. I turned and saw Rick and Shane carrying him. "He's okay," Rick said. "The bullet just grazed him." I wiped the tears and followed them inside.

"Why don't you stay here," Shane said pointing the couch. "Why don't you go fall in a ditch." I spat. Rick turned, "He's right Ellie, Hershel needs room to work."

I groaned sitting down.

I tapped my foot on the ground and Lori sat next to me. Rick walked in and nodded. "He'll be alright."

"Can I go in now?" I asked. Rick stepped aside and let me in.

"What were you thinking?" I said. Daryl held a towel to his head. "We was looking for Sophia." He said calmly. "It seems like you went crazy!" I waved my hand in the air. "I'm fine Ellie." Daryl rolled his eyes. "No. You're not. What happened? Where's my mom?!" I yelled.

Daryl looked up at me.

"We got in a fight and split up!" He looked down. I was about to yell at him but Carol came. "Dinners ready." Carol smiled.

"Bye Daryl."

I stepped out of the room and into the kitchen.

I sat by myself pushing the food around on my fork. When Lori would look at me I would act like I was eating but when she turned I would spit it back on to my plate.

"Ellie, can you go give Daryl his dinner?" Carol asked. I shook my head. "You can do it." I stood up and walked out of the house.

I walked towards his tent closed my eyes.

I felt water hit my leg and I sat up. I saw the Cherokee Rose. Daryl must have found a vase to put it in. I picked it up, "I miss you, Mom." I sighed.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I know I promised a long one but I got lazy 😂

Next chapter tho🤔

Vote, Comment, and share ❤️