Elsewhere |15|

Ellie Moore

I always looked up Lori as my own mother. She gave me advice when I needed it. She was always my go-to. Lori taught me things that only a girl could teach me. Carol, I never talked to Carol as much. But, she did teach me how to bake cookies. I was becoming close to her. I've always waited for someone to approach me. Carol made me realize that I need to make the first move. T-dog, T-dog was like a best friend I never had. Not once did he stereotype me. T was someone who you could never get mad at. A smile was always on his face. Not once did that go away. I thank him for being there, I always will. God gives us people to make our life better, but, sometimes he's going to need those people back. I hope they make you as happy as they did me.

~

Don't close up.

Don't close up.

Don't close up.

I repeated Ts words in my head. I sat in my cell waiting for Daryl to get back. All you could hear were the cries of the newborn baby.

I covered my ears falling back. "Ellie!" Beth called. I didn't answer. "Come eat." She said closer. I sat up and looked at her. "I'm not hungry."

She nodded and walked away.

If Lori was here she would make me eat.

"Ellie, you have to eat." Her voice rang through my ears. I looked over at the door but she wasn't there.

"Eat for me."

I got up walked down the stairs. I grabbed a cup from Beth's hands and sat next to Carl. He smiled at me and I didn't do anything. Daryl and Maggie came back and handed Daryl a bottle. Carl handed her to Daryl and he smiled. "She got a name yet?" He asked Carl.

Carl shook his head. "But I was thinking maybe Sophia. Then there's Carol, too." He said.

"And... Andrea."

"Amy."

"Jacqui, Patricia, or Lori. I don't know." He looked down.

"Yeah... you like that? Huh?" Daryl said. "Little ass-kicker." Everyone smiled.

"Right? That's a good name, right?" Everyone laughed. Well everyone but me. I threw my trash way walking back upstairs. I got my things and packed them. I walked out of my room and into the one next to it. I sat my things down and looked at the bandage Carl gave me.

Ellie and Carl.

I put that above the doorway and laid down. I closed my eyes remembering everything from the start of the apocalypse.

~

The sun came up and Daryl came to get me. We walked outside and went towards the graves. I sighed as Daryl sat A Cherokee rose on Carol's grave. I smiled.

He then got up and we walked away. I leaned into him and he wrapped his arms around me. "I love you." He said.

"I love you to the moon." I looked up at him. "I love you to the stars." Daryl squeezed me tighter. "Why the stars?" I asked.

"Because there's more of them," Daryl answered my question and we walked back inside.

~

I sat with Alexis holding back my tears. "Lori was the one who always pressured me to be better. When my mom would go out to clubs Lori was the one to make sure I was okay." I looked down at my hands.

Alexis hugged me. 

"She's still here for you."