Elsewhere |32|

Ellie Moore

"You are the only exception." I sang to Carl as we laid on the grass in his front yard. "You are the only exception." He played with my hair as I softly sang to him.

"And I'm on my way to believing." I finished. "I love you." He kissed my forehead. "I love you." I replied.

"To the moon?" He asked.

"And all the way back." I smiled.

"Ellie?" He asked sitting up causing me lay in his lap. "Huh?" I looked into his blue eyes. "Do you remember when I told you I liked Sophia." He smiled at the thought.

"Like it was yesterday." I shook my head.

"I lied." He looked down. "I figured." I smiled up at him. "Come on." He stood up. "Where we going?" I raised my hand for help. "We're gonna take Judith on a walk." He said walking inside.

I followed and we began our walk.

Carl pushed the stroller and I looked to my right. Ron and Enid sat next to each other. Carl looked annoyed. "I hate him." He crossed his arms. "He's actually pretty nice." I looked at him.

Carl scoffed.

"So is Enid." He snapped. "I know she's my friend." I laughed at him. Carl shook his head and turned the stroller around.

"Carl? Ellie?" Gabriel said looking at us. "What?" Carl said his voice full of hatred. I rolled my eyes crossing my arms.

"You heard what I told Deanna about your group." He looked down shrugging. "What do you want?" I crossed my arms. "It was about me, not you. Or your group." He said trying to clear the air.

"I know that now." He looked at the both of us.

"I want to help."

"Both of you are the best people in the group you started so young. The group tried to help me at the church." He looked me in my eyes. "But I'm ready to learn now." He nodded.

Carl looked at me and I nodded.

"I think you need to tell everybody." Carl told him and wrapped his arms around me. "Yeah, I think your right." Gabriel turned around and began walking away.

"Come by around 3:00." I said. "We'll start with the machete." I nodded and we began to walk away.

~

I sat in Carols kitchen as she cooked. I had my head laying on the counter and I sighed. "What is it?" Carol asked setting a timer.

"I haven't been feeling well." I said.

"Have you went and seen Denise?" She asked. I shook my head. "I'm scared of needles." Carol laughed. "Something could be terribly wrong." She said putting her hand on mine.

"You and Carl use protection right?" She asked.

My eyes widen. "What?!" I yelled. She shushed me. "Don't act surprised." She shook her head. "The whole town knows what y'all are up too when y'all sneak around at night." Carol laughed.

I blushed.

"Yeah. We're safe." I looked at my hands. "Morning sickness?" Carol asked. "Nope but I throw up last night." I said.

"Stomach aches?" She said. I nodded and she put her hand on my forehead. "You're a little warm." She said.

"Probably a cold." Carol shrugged. "Here, take one of these and if you don't feel better. I'm taking you to see Denise."

I nodded and she looked out the window. Her eyebrows scrunched and I turned. I watch some guy kill a lady across the street.

"Ellie go get Judith and stay in the house!" She yelled running out the door. I ran upstairs and woke Judy up. "Sh." I said bouncing her on my hip.

"Carl!" I yelled walking in his room. He wasn't there. I started to freak out. "Carl?!" I ran downstairs.

Judith cried from her lack of sleep.

"Judy." I sat her down and looked at her. "I know you don't understand right now, but you have to be quiet." I said.

She tilted her head and grabbed my hair yanking on it. I rolled my eyes and sat her on the couch with one of her toys. "Don't move." I pointed.

She giggled throwing her toys around like rag dolls.

I opened the door and pulled out my gun. I shot one of the guys. I was then grabbed and shoved back inside. "What the hell are you doing?!" Carl yelled.

I immediately hugged him. "I was looking for you." I cried. He rubbed my back and looked at me confused.

"Are you crying?" He said.

I wiped my tears quickly. "No." I lied. "Awe." He kissed my forehead and I pulled back. Enid sat on the floor and Judith still remained on the couch.

I picked her up and sat on the floor. Carl looked out the window and made sure no one saw us.

"Ron!" He yelled.

I quickly stood up and handed Judith to Enid. I ran outside but Carl grabbed me. I kicked him and shot the guy trying to kill Ron. Ron looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. "C'mon." Carl said.

"I can keep you safe."

Ron looked at Enid and shook his head. "No." He took off. "Ron!" I yelled. I ran in the house after Carl and sighed.

"I have to make sure he okay." I paced back in forth. "Why do you care?" Enid said rolling her eyes. "He's our friend!" I yelled.

"He's your friend." Carl corrected me. I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I grabbed a knife and my gun.

"Ellie don't you walk out that door." Carl threatened. "I'm going to help." I rolled my eyes.

"I can't help you if you leave." He said walking towards me. "I don't need you to protect me." I said.

"Ellie if you walk out that door it's done." He looked me in the eyes. "Looks like your single. Congratulations." I opened the door and ran out.

I shot at people that were the enemies. Carol ran past me and tossed me a gun. I took off running and suddenly felt sick again. A man grabbed me and I fought to keep him away.

I wasn't strong enough though. I cried as he put a knife to my throat. I reached for my gun that laid on the ground. I couldn't reach it. I then grabbed him by the head pulled him over my shoulder with everything I had.

The knife cut my cheek and I took my boot and smashed his head. Maggie then came towards me and I hugged her. "Where's Carl?" She asked. I rolled my eyes. "Not my problem." I said.

~

"Ellie, I didn't mean it." Carl followed me around mine and Daryl's house. I shook my head and grabbed a glass of juice.

"I walked out the door." I looked at the blue eyes boy. "I'm not getting back with you." I said. "You lost me Carl." I shrugged.

"Buh bye now." I waved walking upstairs. I heard the door slam and I sighed. I grabbed my journal and began writing.

I lost the only person keeping me alive. He's gone and there's no chance he will come back. I knew this day would come. I knew he couldn't handle me. I gave him the chance anyway.

Ellie
Rick
Daryl
Carl
Glenn

The remaining survivors.

The Atlanta group...