Elsewhere |30|

Ellie Moore

The cool air hit my face and I sat by Noah's grave. Carl hasn't said a word to me since I told him about me teaching Ron dancing.

I didn't care honestly.

It was nice not hearing him say something for once in his life. Of course, I still love him. Carl will always be my first love.

"Hey," Ron said.

"Hi." I shut my journal. "Ready for dance lessons." He said doing the shimmy. "Not today." I crossed my arms over my legs. "Why not?" He said.

"I'm not in the mood." I shrugged. Ron sat down next to me. "Wanna talk about it?" He said. "Not really." I rolled my eyes. Ron placed his hand on my thigh and I stared down at his hand.

"If you're worried about Carl-" I cut him off. "Don't." I pushed his hand away. "Tomorrow." I stood up. "Dance lessons tomorrow." I began to walk away.

"Hi, Ellie." This annoying little kid said.

I stopped walking. "Hi." "I saw you were with my brother." He smiled. "Do you like him?" He smirked. "Listen, kid." I bent down.

"What I do is none of your concern." I spat. "Don't talk to me, don't look at me, don't even think about me." I stood and walked away. I held back every tear in my body. I closed my eyes taking a deep breath. "Don't change." I heard Loris's voice say. "Don't close up." T- dog said.

"Too late," I said walking by.

~

"Where are you going?" Rick asked. I didn't reply as I waited for the gates to open. "I'll be back." I turned to look at him. "But don't count on it." I walked away shooting the first walker in front of me.

Rick signaled them to shut the gate. "She'll be fine." He said.

I saw Carl and Enid and smirked. I looked to my left and saw 10 walkers. I whistled and they slowly limped towards me. I drew them over to the two teens and climbed a tree. I threw a stick by them and walkers started walk over there.

Carl looked up and saw me.

*

"Why were you outside the walls!?" Carl yelled. I didn't answer and I just sat on the island eating a pb&j. "You're not going to answer?" He sighed. "Do you love me?" I said. Carl stared into my eyes. "Of course I do." He said. "But you like Enid." I knew that he was developing feelings for her.

"That's what this is about?" He said. I nodded and looked down. "Ellie..." His finger lifted up my head. "Liking and loving is a totally different thing." He leaned in to kiss me. I kissed back and he moved his hands around my waist.

Carl pulled back. "I love you." He whispered. "To the moon?" I questioned. "And all the way back." He answered.

"Take a walk with me." He said. 

We walked outside and I smiled leaning into him. I spotted Rick and he looked upset. "What's your dad doing?" I asked. Carl shrugged. "Don't worry about he's probably mad because Jesse won't get with him." He laughed. I hit him. "I ship them." I rolled my eyes.

"Of course you do." He smiled looking down at me.

"Of cour-" I was cut off by the sound of glass breaking. I turned saw the window bust out off Jesse and Pete's house.

Carl grabbed my hand and I started to run towards them but he pulled my back. Pete hit Jesse and she fell. I grabbed her and Carl went to separate them. He got hit back and I felt my body boil in anger. I kept my cool making sure Jesse was okay. Carl stood back up and helped Jesse up. "Stop it right now!" Deanna said.

"Or what?" Rick pulled out a gun. "You gonna kick me out?" He laughed. My eyes widen and I stepped back. "Put that gun down, Rick." She said.

"You still don't get it." He shook his head. "None of you do!" He yelled. "We know what needs to be done and we do it."

"We're the ones who live," Rick said.

"You! You just sit and plan and hesitate. You pretend like you know when you don't." He pointed at Deanna. I closed my eyes shaking my head.  "You wish things weren't what they are. Well, you want to live?" He asked.

"You want this place to stay standing?" He titled his head.

"Your way of doing things are done!" He said.

"Things don't get better because you, you want them to."

"Starting right now, we have to live in the real world," Rick said. "We have to control who lives here."

"That is clear to me now?" Deanna said.

"Me? Me? You, you mean, you mean me?" He started to laugh. This bitch going crazy. I thought to myself. Carl hit me.

Oops, guess I said that out loud.

"Your way is gonna destroy this place." He said. "It's gonna get people killed. It's already got people killed."

"And I'm not gonna stand by and just let it happen," Rick said looking around.

"If you don't fight, you die."

I watched Michonne walked behind Rick. "I'm not gonna stand by-" Michonne hit him and he fell to the ground.

"Thank you!" I whispered. Carl hit me again and I rolled my eyes. "I was just saying everyone else thought."