Elsewhere |37|

Ellie Moore

Daryl still wasn't here, so I decided to sneak out. I went to Carl's and the door was opened and I curiously walked in. I walked into the hallway and paused. "Who are you?" I asked the man sitting here.

He looked up and smiled. "My friends call me Jesus." My gun was raised and I stood there. "Carl?" I raised my voice.

Carl appeared and cocked his gun. "What the hell are you doing in our house?" He asked. "I'm, uh, sitting on the steps, looking at this painting." He held it up slightly.

"Waiting for your mom and dad to get dressed."

My eyes widen.

"Mom?" I looked at Carl confused. He gave me the same look. Rick came out without a shirt and Michonne following.

My eyes widen and I covered them. "What the actual fu-" Rick cut me off. "Ellie." He warned.

"Carl, Hey, um." Rick was trying to find the words. Daryl grabbed my arm flinging me back. Glenn, Maggie, and Abraham grabbed me.

"You okay sweetie?" Maggie asked. I nodded. "It's okay." Michonne said. "You said we should talk." Rick nodded his hands on his hips.

"So let's talk."

"Ellie get Judith and meet at the table." Michonne told me. I nodded and went to get the sleeping girl. She was already up standing at the gate. "Morning Princess." I picked her up.

"Ewie." She said putting her hand on my cheek. "You're adorable." I laughed walking downstairs.

When I came back everyone was talking. I didn't pay attention, because I was feeding Judith and laughing at her faces. Carl came over to me a little after. "He has another camp." He sat down wiping Judith's face.

I nodded.

"Is it real?" I asked.

Carl shrugged. "Seems like it."

~

"I need new clothes!" Alexis fell on to my bed. I laughed and nodded. "I feel ya." I looked over at her. "I saw a clothing store." Enid said.

"Let's go!" Alexis stood up.

We walked down to the armory. "Hey." I said to Olivia. She smiled I grabbed my bow off the shelve along with a few arrows, a knife, and one a gun.

"Where y'all heading?" She asked writing everything down.

"Enid found a mall." Alexis said.

"Think we might check it out."

"Stay safe." She said waving to us. We all waved back and the three of us headed towards the gate. It opened and we followed Enid through the woods.

"How far was it?" I asked making sure no one followed us. "A few miles this way." Enid pointed.

The walking continued for a few minutes and she was right. A outlet mall was in front of us.

"Must of been the city." Alexis said. I nodded. "Seems abandoned." I walked to the opening. "Try not to shot." I instructed. "Unless you have to."

I walked towards a one of the stores and opened it slowly. The ding of a bell went off and instantly I checked for walkers. It was clear surprisingly.

I walked around finding a few things. I walked over towards the shoes. I looked down at my converse then back at the shoes.

I grabbed a pair and tied the laces and threw them over my shoulder. After countless number of bags and walking, I met up with the others and we began our walk home.

"I found a lot of cute things!" Alexis squealed with excitement. I smiled at her and the gates opened. Carl was walking by me and he grabbed my arm.  

I didn't have time to say bye to the girls I immediately pushed inside. His lips pressed against mine. "I didn't know where you were." He leaned his head on mine.

I smiled up at him.

"I promised to never leave, didn't I?" I looked up. He laughed. "You did."

Carl laced our fingers together. "What did you get?" He grabbed my bag. I snatched it from him. "Clothes." I laughed. I walked upstairs to my room.

He followed and laid on my bed. "Show me." He winked. "You're such a boy." I took off my shirt throwing it at him. It laid over his face and he tore it off.

His smiled turned into a frown when he looked at me.

"Ellie." He walked over to me.

I stared at my stomach and traced the outlines of my ribs. "You were doing so good." He turned me around.

"Everyone was saying I got bigger and I didn't know if it was good big or bad." I held back my tears. "Plus, I didn't want to eat the whole place, like Ron said I would."

Carl tended up.

"You're perfect."

I shook my head. "You have to say that, you're my boyfriend." I sighed. "I thought that way before I got the opportunity." He hugged me.

I hugged back.

"You go start a bubble bath." He pointed. "I'll get us something to eat." He walked out my room.

I went to the bathroom across the hall, which had the bath. I started it and pushed the plug down trapping the cool water.

I scanned through the soaps landing on bath bubbles. I squirted the substance into the bath making the foam rise.

After the bath got full, I turned the water off and waited for Carl.

On cue, he opened the door and carried a tray into the bathroom. "Chocolate covered strawberries are from Carol, Enid prepared the ice cream, and the sun chips were my doing." He smiled.

"I'm really not that hungry." I said crossing my arms. Carl clicked his tongue. He picked a strawberry up. "If don't eat this." He walked closer.

My mouth stayed shut.

Carl pulled me towards him and pressed his lips on my neck. "Another hickey for uncle Daryl." He whispered.

My eyes widen and I ate the snack.

"Good. Now strip." He demanded. "Turn you asshole." I laughed. Carl listened to command and I quickly took off the clothes.

I ran to the bath and splashed in.

Carl turned and frowned. "When I said strip I meant bra too." He pointed. "Oops." I shrugged.