The Surprise

I'm riding my bike home after grabbing a soda at the vending machine when I notice a strange car in our driveway. I put my bike away and walk in the house. When I don't hear voices I yell, "Hey mom! Whose car's in the driveway?!" "Someone is visiting Wanda and asked if they could leave their car there!" she yells back from her room. Interesting, there's plenty of room in Wanda's driveway, why didn't they park there? I head to my room and jump onto my bed, Ipad in hand. I jump on my Minecraft PE world to mine. After a few minutes I receive a few notifications. "Steve has joined the game," shows up three times. I head to my sheep pen, which I accidentally made directly at spawn. "Who are you?" I type. You have to be on the same internet server to get on the same world, so they have to be close. "We're just some people. Why?" one Steve asks. "Because I know you must be close to be on my world. And I don't know who you are, so I'm kinda creeped out." "If you want to know who we are then come out back," another (or the same) Steve says. So I close my Ipad and grab one of the swords hanging on my wall. I walk to the door and look out the window onto our patio. What I see makes me drop my sword. They obviously hear it because Simon, Lewis, and Paul (Sjin) look in my direction.

I bend down and pick my sword up, then head out the door where three of my heroes are sitting around our back table. "Hey Andrea," Simon says, smiling. "W-what are you doing here?" I manage to say without fan-girling. "We have a business proposition for you," Paul says. "We where wondering if you'd like to intern with us. Someone brought us to your channel, so we watched some of your videos. You're really good, but don't have many subscribers. So you'd come out to Bristol for three months and we'd help teach you about gaming," Lewis says. "Really? What about my parents? I cant just leave," I say. "We already talked with them, and they eagerly agreed. You'd be staying with me, What do you say?" Paul says. "I'm speechless. This is... amazing, I expect to wake up at any moment," I say, not knowing what else to say. "So we'll take that as a yes," Simon says, all of them smiling. A nod is all I can manage. "We'll be leaving on Friday," Lewis says as they stand up. They say goodbye, then leave. All I can do is stand there, staring at the door, still expecting it to be dream. But I don't wake up, so I head to my room and start packing.

The next morning when I get up I go through my usual routine. But when I get ready to put my stuff in dad's car he stops me. "I won't be taking you to school today," he says, smiling. "Then who is?" "Him," he says pointing out the door. I see a car drive up and Paul step out. I mentally fan-girl, the only sign to someone watching is a wide smile appearing on my face. He walks up to the door and knocks. I open the door, still smiling. "Hey Kate, I decided to spend the day with you. I want to see how you work and just get to know you," he explains. I smile, nodding. So I put my backpack in the back of his rental car. The one hour long drive to school (yes I do have to drive that far IRL) we talk, learning some stuff about each other. By the end of the drive I'm able to talk to him like a friend, instead of feeling so intimidated. First class is English, so Paul has to sit in the back of the class. When Mrs. Nelson sees him she frowns,"And who are you?" Everyone looks to see what his answer is. "I'm a friend of Kate's. I just wanted to watch how she learns," he says, making me smile widely. "Kate, who is he?" Sarah whispers to me. "You know Sjin?" I ask, I'd be surprised if she said no with how often I talk about the Yogscast. "The gamer you like?" she says, making me smile. I nod towards him, making her gasp. "Really? That's so cool! I thought you'd be fan girling," she says, making me remember my response yesterday. "I was yesterday when they came. The two co-founders are here as well. They offered me an internship." "No talking in class!" Mrs. Nelson barks. "At lunch," she mouths and I nod.

Next class is Chemistry, and Sarah (who sits next to me) isn't here, so Paul sits with me. When Mr. Eckert walks in he stops and looks at Paul. "Sjin?" He asks, surprising me. I'd never taken him for a Yognau(gh)t. "Yep. I'm here to watch how Kate learns. I hope you don't mind," he says, smiling apologetically. "Of course not," Mr. E responds. We have to take a quiz, so Mr. E gives Paul an extra quiz so he can see what we're learning. His face fills with confusion, almost making me laugh. When I finish I whisper to Paul,"Answer them, see how many you know," he nods and I hand him my pencil. When everyone's done we trade and grade. I end up getting a 95, which is nothing new (I LOVE Chemistry). Paul ends up getting a 23. "Tsk tsk. I bet Lewis would have gotten a 100," I whisper to him. "That's not fair! He majored in chemistry, of course he'd get a 100," he says gently bumping my shoulder.

Next "class" is lunch, so I head up to Mrs. Eckert's room where the girls from my class usually eat lunch. Gabriella, a girl two grades bellow me, comes in so I can help her with her Minecraft PE world. "Hey Gabby, mind if we work on my world today?" I ask. She nods, "Of course! We always work on my world," she says, so I go on my world. "Mind if I join?" Paul asks. "Definitely not. Do you mind building something for me?" I ask. "We'll it is my specialty. What do you need?" He asks. "Anything. All my building supplies are in the last chest." "What can I do?" Gabby asks. "I don't really know. I have everything I need. How about we just go on a fun mining trip?" Just before the end of lunch Paul speaks up, "Why don't you come up and see what I built?" I smile, excited to see it. Gabriella must have noticed my enthusiasm. "Why are you so eager to see what he built?" she asks. "You'll see," is all I say. And he doesn't disappoint. Both Gabriella and I gasp when we see what he's made. He built a large house out of all the nether brick I have, with quartz mixed in. It's just gorgeous. When I go in I see that he even moved all my chests to this house. "Wow you're good," Gabby says, mouth open. We both laugh,"You should see some of the other stuff he's built," I say, making him blush slightly. "I never did get your name," Gabby says to him. "I usually go by Sjin. But you can cal me Paul," he says, smiling. "Wait, your Sjin? Kate talks so much about you and the other members of the Yog-whatever-it's-called," she says making us laugh again. "It's Yogscast," we say at the same time. "Jinx you owe me a soda!" We both say in sinc again. "Jinx you owe me another soda!" In sinc yet again. "That's spooky," Gabby says, laughing.

At the end of the day we drive back home, where mom and dad are talking with the others. We walk outside and sit down in the two remaining chairs. "How was your day at school?" My mom asks. "Great, I got a 95 on my Chemistry quiz," I say, and see something light up in Lewis's eyes. "You like Chemistry?" he asks. I nod. "I majored in Chemistry," he says. "I know" "she knows," both me and Paul talk at the same time yet again. "That's seriously getting creepy," I say and he nods. "What is getting creepy?" Simon asks. "We both say things at the same time a lot," he says. "That is weird," Simon says. Then Lewis brings us to business. "Okay. So we'll leave tomorrow morning, which means we won't get to Bristol until around 10 pm (a/n-I just made up a number) so we'll just head home. We start on Saturday and you'll be shadowing. You can choose who you want to watch, but we don't want you to get on a computer yet. Then next Tuesday one of us will start to show you how everything works. After that we'll figure out what to do," he says. After they explain to me what we'll be doing, we start talking about fun things. But as the sun sets they get up and leave so I can finish packing and get some sleep.

A/N I'm not good at coming up with characters. So if you want a character (I need good AND bad) then describe them in the comments.