It Gets Worse

After we all have dinner together we head to the hotel and separate to our specific rooms. I take my shower first, grabbing my pajamas. Before I get in the shower I look at my arm in the mirror. It's had a dull, throbbing pain since I was bitten. I notice small red spots appearing around the two bite marks. It's not that bad (yet), so I won't bother Paul with it. When I'm done I head out so Paul or Chris can use it. I grab my book and lay down on the bed to read. When he's done in the bathroom, Paul comes out and joins me on the bed, watching tv. I finish my book, which is one of the extremely few romance books I like (it's called The Goddess Test), and reach for the next book. I look at the cover, The Goddess Legacy. Wait in the back of the book it said the next book was The Goddess Interrupted. D*amn it! I brought the wrong book, and I refuse to read a series out of order. Now I have nothing to read! (This happened to me today IRL, and boy am I furious). So I put down the books and pull out my iPad to jump on Twitter and YouTube to read comments. An hour later I finally get up and plug it in to charge. I climb into bed and lay down to fall asleep.Paul lowers the volume on the tv and gives me a small hug.

In the morning the first thing I realize is that the dull throb in my arm has worsened, so I head to the bathroom to look at it. The pink splotches have spread farther from the bites and what was pink yesterday is now a deep red. I gasp, slightly scared. But I don't want to ruin the others' Minecon, so I decide to keep it to myself. I get dressed, making sure to wear a shirt that covers my arm. I sit down at the desk to work on my laptop until everyone wakes up. It doesn't take long, after about fifteen minutes Paul groans and gets up. When he sees I'm up he smiles,"How's your arm?" "It's fine. You shouldn't worry about it," yet. He accepts my answer, which makes me feel guilty for lying to him, and heads to the bathroom. Chris wakes up while Paul is still in the shower, so he comes over to see what I'm doing. "What are the people saying?" He asks, smiling. I'm reading the comments on my latest EverybodyEdits video (a game you all should check out). "They are telling me to stop making it look so easy. It's not my fault the supposedly impossible levels are a piece of cake," I say chuckling. And they should be for me, after all the time I've spent on it. Paul comes out, and smiles when he sees Chris up. "Morning!" he says and sits down in front of his laptop across from me.

When we get to the convention center we head straight for our first signing, so I have no time to look around. I'm kind of thankful, I'm scared of running into the man from yesterday. But I have a feeling he wasn't here to look at the plush minecraft pigs, so I doubt he's still around. But still, you never know. Everything goes normal, except for the pain in my arm. So when we get back to the hotel I grab my wallet and head downstairs to the small general store in the lobby. When Paul asks where I'm going, I tell him I'm grabbing a snack, which I also planned on getting so it's not a complete lie. When I get there I grab some sting wipes and peroxide, along with a pack of Peanut Butter Lovers Reese's (other candy bars are available), which to me are the equivalent of Jaffa Cakes to Simon. I head upstairs, making sure to not let Paul see anything but the Reese's. I head to the bathroom with my pajamas and hidden medicine. I put on the peroxide first. I thought it would just hurt a little bit, considering they're small cuts. Instead I have to try my hardest not to scream out, but I wait for the peroxide to stop bubbling before I wipe it off with warm water. I put a sting wipe on it, sighing with relief when it takes away both the pain from the peroxide and the pain from earlier. I need to pick some more up for later. At least tomorrow's the last day we're here. Since Minecon is over we've decided to spend the morning walking around before we head back to Bristol. I've kept my suitcase fairly packed, so I don't have to pack tomorrow morning like Chris and Paul. So while they're packing maybe I can sneak down to the general store again. I just hope it doesn't get much worse before we can get back to Bristol to have it checked out.

The morning is really fun, we get Starbuck's and walk around, looking at all the cool buildings and shops. Then we head back to the hotel to pack. I just pack up what's left of my stuff and head back downstairs. The same cashier's there, and he remembers me so he asks,"the bugs must really like you. Where have you been going?" "Just the convention center. It's just a little spider bit," I tell him, handing him the money. "You should get it checked out," he says, looking slightly worried. "Trust me, I will. But not until we get back home." I head upstairs and lock myself in the bathroom again. It's the first I've really looked at it since this morning, and it terrifies me. It's spread again. But now it's blue closest to the bite marks instead of red. I'm glad we'll be back home soon. I pull on a long sleeved shirt, the only kind that will now cover my arm so it doesn't worry Paul. We head to the airport, and say our good-byes to Chris. When we get on the plane I sit down in the aisle in case I have to keep going to the bathroom to rub the sting wipe on my arm. I've had to put it on more often because it starts hurting faster each time. I fall asleep just after liftoff, which is strange for me. When I wake up the pain hits me, it's gotten way worse, almost unbearable. Paul looks at me, worried,"Are you okay Andrea? You look pale." "No, it's my arm," now that we're headed home I can tell him. "Can I see it?" I pull up my sleeve, wincing. Paul gasps and covers his mouth. "Paul, what is it?" Duncan, who's spitting across from us, asks. "Andrea's arm," he squeaks out. "What's wrong with it?" He asks. He wasn't with us when I was bitten. So I move to show him my arm. His reaction is the same as Paul's. Simon looks over to see what's going on. When he sees my arm he quickly turns away, a squeak escaping him. "I thought you said you'd tell me if it started to hurt," Paul says, he only seems worried, not angry I lied. "I didn't want to ruin the weekend for you guys. I didn't think it'd get so bad," I say. Strange, I thought my voice came out strong, but what I heard was a weak rasp. "Oh, Andrea. You should have told me. This is bad," he says, hugging me but being careful of my arm. I have to close my eyes again, the pain hitting me in another wave. I don't remember anything after Paul kissing my forehead, fear in his eyes.