Toby Visits

It's been about a month since I spent the night at Zach's house and we've been seeing each other as often as we can. I'm back to regular uploads since my arm's healed, much to my fans' relief. So one day I'm busy recording an and entire map with my friend Kadie when Martyn walks in. I pause the recording so Martyn can talk. "Hey Andrea, Toby's flying in tonight. He'll be in the office tomorrow, so Lewis wants to have a small party at lunch. Can you bring those oatmeal cookies we all love?" "Of course! Can't wait to talk to him IRL," I say smiling. "Thanks," he says and leaves. "Don't you like Toby?" I ask, turning to Kadie. She blushes, but doesn't answer. I don't push, and we continue recording.

The next day Kadie comes over, conveniently in time for lunch. I lead her over to Toby, who's talking with Lewis and Simon. "Hey Toby, this is my friend Kadie." I don't mention her crush on him, knowing she'd never forgive me. Seeing their reaction makes everyone watching smile. Both of them blush. "Uh, hey Toby," Kadie says, smiling shyly. "H_ hey, Kadie,"  Toby stutters, blushing even more now. Kadie brushes her hair out of her face and behind her ear. "The lounge is empty," Lewis says to them. Toby just nods. They stay for a few minutes, talking with other people, but I notice Kadie leave, trying to go unnoticed. Toby leaves a few minutes later, and I don't have to wonder where they went. We finish the party and everyone gets back to work, everyone but Martyn and I. We head to the lounge and peak in the door, making sure not to be heard. Toby and Kadie are sitting across from each other, talking and laughing. We smile at each other and head back to our offices.

Just as I finish editing the map Kadie and I recorded yesterday she comes in. She sits down on the chair across from me and sighs. I just smile, knowing she'll tell me what happened soon enough. "He asked me out on a date. He actually liked me for me!" she says, giggling. "Of course he did, you have an awesome personality, even though your parents don't think so." Let's just say her parents weren't huge fans when she told them she wanted to be a gamer. "You keep telling me that, but I thought I'd be forever alone." "See, you can be loved. So, where you two going?" I ask. "He's actually buying a flat here in Bristol, so he wanted to show it to me, then we're going out to Filini, the Italian restaurant about fifteen minutes from here," she says, sounding excited. "Oooh, Filini's a really nice restaurant. Zach brought me there a few weeks ago." I remember him accidentally running into a waiter carrying a platter with drinks, making him spill them everywhere. The memory makes me chuckle, Zach is one of the clumsiest people I have ever met. He even makes me look graceful. Kadie leaves with Toby, who's driving her home.  I continue recording and editing until Paul comes to get me so we can head home. "Want to stop at the café before we head home?" he asks as we get into his car. "Sure," I say, not wanting to ask why. We stop and grab our food, then head home. We eat in the family room, watching Tangled together. When we're done Paul cleans my dishes for me. When he returns I turn to him. "So, what's up?" I ask. "What do you mean?" he asks, feigning innocence. "Why are you doing this? You only bring me to the café for special occasions." "You can go on you're own. you don't need me to bring you." "Yeah, but it's special because it's something we do together," I reply. "Well, I just wanted to do something nice, we haven't eaten there in a while," I can tell he's being genuine, so I don't continue with my questions.

On Friday I go over to Kadie's flat to help her get ready for her date with Toby. She's wearing her favorite blue dress and a pair of pearl earrings and a pearl necklace. I do her hair for her, as well as helping to paint her nails a beautiful blue to match her dress. At eight her doorbell rings. She jumps at the sound and looks at me nervously. "It'll be wonderful, you'll see," I tell her, putting my hand on her shoulder to reassure her. She smiles and hugs me. "Thanks so much Andrea," I shoo her to the door, where Toby's waiting for her. I head back home and jump in bed, watching the others' videos from earlier. It's always funny to hear them yelling or laughing in the office, then see why in their videos. I put my computer away around eleven and take my meds that help me fall asleep. Paul wakes me up in the morning at the usual time. We head into the office, Martyn coming over to me. "Heard anything?" he asks. "Not yet, but knowing Kadie she'll show up soon to tell me what happened." And not soon after Kadie comes into my office, smiling widely. I finish my recording and turn to her. "So, tell me, how was it?" "He was such a gentleman. I had such a good time," she says. "Great!" "Yeah, and he asked me out on another date in two weeks when he moves into his new flat." "Cool! I'm so glad you finally found someone."

Remember- I ALWAYS need new characters and ideas, and I always fit in your character/idea one way or another.