Back to Work

Paul stays with me while I'm stuck in the hospital. I keep telling him he should get back to work, that I'm fine with being alone, but he refuses. Most of the time we're either playing games together, on our laptops, or reading. The others come in after work to keep us company. Finally one day when the doctor comes in to change my bandages, he smiles. "You're arm is healed enough for you to leave. But you'll have to keep your arm wrapped for another week," he says, wrapping my arm back up. He leaves and comes back with some paperwork. Paul and I sign them with the pen the doctor hands us. Paul leaves so I can change into some real clothes. When I'm done I open the door to find Paul talking with Chris. "Andrea, you're okay!" He says, hugging me. "I said she was,"Paul says, smiling. "I know, but I though you were just saying that. I flew in as soon as I could after Duncan called me," he says after letting me go. "I'm sorry I brought you away from your family," I say, knowing how much he loves his wife and son. "I'm just glad you're okay," he says putting his arm on my shoulders. "Want to head home?" Paul asks. "Do the others know I'm out today?" I ask, an idea forming in my head. "No, why?" I give him my 'oh come on' eye. It takes him a second, but he gets it. "Oh! What a great idea!" He says, laughing. Chris, who has the same joker-mentality as me, already knows what I'm thinking. So we get in Paul's car and head for Yogtowers.

When we get there everyone's having a meeting, so it's the perfect time. I walk in casually and sit down in my chair. Everyone's instantly quiet. "Hey guys," I say, managing not to laugh. Martyn instantly jumps up and hugs me. "You're finally out!" he says, still hugging me. Lewis laughs," Why didn't you tell us you were being released?" "What would be the fun in that?" Chris asks, walking in with Paul. "We should have guessed you were in on it," Duncan says. "I have an idea, since it's lunch time why don't we head to the cafe down the street for lunch?" Simon says, looking excited. "You'll find any excuse to go there," Lewis laughs. "I think it's a great idea," I say, making Simon smile. So we walk down the street to the cafe. Finally we're all done eating, so the others head back to work while Paul and I head home. I'm already tired, even though it's only two, so I lay down on the couch and put on Hook. Paul's immediately on the couch with me. "I've been wanting to see this, Simon said it's a really good movie." I move over to make more room for him. During the movie he gets up and makes popcorn for us. And by the end I'm completely exhausted, so I climb into bed. But before I'm fully asleep I hear Paul open the door and walk in. He kisses my forehead and whispers," I love you sweetie."

During lunch the next day Paul comes to the common room to talk to me. "Do you mind being alone tonight?" He asks, trying to hide a smile. "Of course not, why?" "Erin (Nijuukoo, his girlfriend IRL) and I are going on a date to her favorite restaurant," ah, that would explain the smile. "Of course. I can spend the night at a friends house if you want," I say, figuratively winking at him. "Friends? I thought we were your only friends," he says, chuckling. "Of course I have other friends! It'd be weird if I didn't have any friends my own age." I say. "Oh ya? Name one!" "There's Julia, Kate, Michaela, and Zach. I've been talking with them on Facebook and Twitter. I think Julia and Zach live around here." "Zach, hmmm? Why don't you spend the night at his house?" "Because I don't know where he lives, and I can't just show up at his house uninvited." "Good reasons. Well, I have something to work on, see you later." Not 10 minutes later I get a message from Zach. "Want to come over tonight? My parents are out of time and left me with some money for a pizza and some movies," I chuckle, oh Paul. "Sounds fun! And I bet Sjin asking you has nothing to do with this," I respond. I met Zach on the wiki, so I refer to the others by their pen names with him. "Well I have really been wanting to invite you over, he just pushed me to finally do it,"he replies. I know he's telling the truth because only recently did he find out who I was (he's the only fan who knows my real name now). "Sounds fun, see you tonight. I assume you told Sjin how to get to your house." "Yep, see you later."