From Intern to Friend

A/N I hate to say, but I get ideas from other people's stories, so there are a few things that you'll find familiar.

The next day Paul brings me to the office the same time as before. When I get there I can't help but try the knob to my door, hoping Lewis forgot or something. No luck, it's locked and it's the kind of lock I don't know how to pick (I taught myself how to pick locks when my parents locked me out of the computer room). So I head to Paul's room where he's building. When he sees me he smiles, "Pull up a chair. Are you a builder?" I shake my head,"I'm intermediate. I'm nowhere near as good as you, but I'm pretty good." Paul smiles,"Maybe when you finally get to go on the computers, I can help teach you." I smile,"That'd be awesome! Thank you so much!" I say, hugging him. Most people pull away from my hugs, but Paul instead hugs back, smiling. I sit down and watch him as he builds. Just watching him helps me learn some stuff. When I get bored (never thought I'd day that) I get up and head to the recording room. I want to meet Sparkles* and I'd seen him come in earlier. "Hello, who are you?" He asks sweetly. "I'm Andrea, the new intern," I say somewhat shyly. "Ah, Andrea! I've been wanting to meet you. Duncan thinks very highly of you. He's a HUGE fan," he says, making me blush. "And I couldn't help but watch some of your vids to see what it is that Duncan likes so much. And I totally agree with him. You're hilarious! I'm completely addicted to your vids now," he says, making me blush even more. "That's amazing to hear, especially from you and Duncan. I just wish others felt the same way," I say, thinking of my really depressing subscriber number. "You don't have many fans?" he asks, confused. "No, last I checked I only had a little over 200," I say, head down. "That sucks. Hopefully being here will help that increase to what it should be," he says smiling. "Thanks so much. That means a lot to me." I say hugging him. I've learned everyone here loves my hugs, nice change from people punching me if I try to hug them.

I shadow for a few days, always wishing I could be behind my own computer. On the last day I'm walking down the hall when I hear Simon yell "You piece if sh*t!" Suddenly my heart constricts. No, not now, not here. I haven't had a panic attack in months. Then the voices start. I can hear Jordan and her posse calling me useless, a waste of air and space, and other such things. But the voices change to those of the Yogscast. It was bad enough from the girls, but I can't handle it from my heroes. I slide down the wall, crying. I pull my knees up to my chest, and everything goes blurry. Forms come out of the doors and my mind makes it look like they're laughing. One form bends down, and I expect to be hit, but instead gentle arms wrap around me. I'm pulled into a lap, where the form tries to comfort me. Finally I stop crying and the forms become people. I look up and see Paul holding me. "Are you okay?" He asks, worried. I nod,"I'm so sorry, I haven't had a panic attack in months." Lewis bends down next to me and hands me a tissue,"But you're okay now? What caused it?" "I think it was when Simon yelled at his computer, or whatever it was. It brought back memories," I say, as Paul helps me up. "Great, now I feel bad," Simon says. "It's not your fault, you couldn't have known. And they could be caused by anything," I say, frowning. "I'm just glad you're alright," Duncan says, smiling. After my panic attack Lewis and the others treat me more as a friend more than an intern. Lewis even unlocks my door so I can get on my computers. Duncan takes the day off so he can teach me about how everything works. I'm glad because the technology is a lot more complex than what I'm used to.

The next day I record a Minecraft video with Paul watching. At first it's a little awkward. But then I get into the mood of recording, and all else is forgotten. When I'm done with the map I chose, I'm brought back to reality. I realize Paul's laughing, so I turn towards him. "Duncan was right, you are really funny," he says after he calms down. "I'd love to record something with you. Do you mind? We could put it on your channel," he says, making me smile. I eagerly nod,"That'd be awesome. My fans would love that. When do you wan to do it?" I ask. "How about now. We have plenty of time," he says, surprising me. "Great! Want to do it in the recording room?" He nods, so we head to the end of the hall. We start a new map together, and by the time we finish we are both laughing so hard out sides hurt. As I shut off the recording, I thank him. "No, thank you. That's the hardest I've laughed in a while. I want to do more with you later." I'm so glad I finaly get to work with my heroes.

We head back to our rooms, still chuckling. I edit my solo map, separating it into 4 parts. I then upload the first one, and not long after I hear laughter in Duncan's room. He walks in as I edit my co-op map,"That was such an awesome video. I can't wait for the next part," he says. "Wait until you see the series I'm editing now." He moves closer to see it, but I cover it with my hand, "Oh come on Andrea, just a peak." I shake my head,"Nope! It's a surprise!" He groans and walks out. I finish editing, occasionally talking to Paul about what parts he wants in the final version. When I'm finally done I upload it, and just in time. Paul walks in,"It's time to head home if there's nothing you need to do." "Nope, I'm ready. Thanks again for recording with me. My fans will get a kick out of it." And when we get home I sit on the couch and check the comments on my videos. My solo video has a bunch of comments, all saying they're glad I'm back. The top comment is from Duncan,"Glad you're back. I love your videos!" And of course, there's some people calling him fake. I laugh, even when they hear me with Paul they'll call it fake. My response to the "Fake!" outcry is,"Nope, he's real. I just started an internship at Yogtowers. My next video is proof." Then I check the other video for comments. Of course, some people call it fake, but only a few. The others are like,"OMG! That's so awesome! I can't believe you actually got to play with THE Sjin from the Yogscast!" "I know, right? It was so amazing. He's so sweet," I respond to the comments. Soon I get a response from him,"Sweet, like a Jaffa cake?" "You're just as bad as Simon. By the way, I still have yet to try a Jaffa cake." "We'll have to fix that before Simon finds out," he says, making me laugh.

The next day we head into Yogtowers at around the same time as normal. Both Simon and Duncan rush up to me. "You've never had a Jaffa cake? Are you insane?" Simon squeals. "Calm down, I've been living in America, and they're not sold there. And I haven't had time to try one yet." "Well we're doing that first thing at lunch," he says, seriously. "Wow, you want to wait till lunch? Are you okay?" I ask, chuckling. "You're right! Why wait, 'follow me!'" He rushes to his room and hands me a box of Jaffas. I take one out and take a bite. I can't hold back my smile. "They're delicious aren't they?" Simon says, smiling widely. I walk out, carrying the box. "Wait, you still have the box!" Simon says. "Uh, what box? I don't know what box you're talking about," I say, mouth full of Jaffa. He laughs and lets me go. Then I remember Duncan is with me. I turn to him,"Not fair! Paul got to play with you, but I've been your fan longer," he whines. "Okay then, when do you want to play with me?" He smiles,"How about right now? I already have a map in mind." So we head to the recording room again. After we're done, we talk about who's POV we want at certain parts, then I head to my room to edit. I upload the next episode of the two series I started yesterday. I hear laughter yet again. Except now it's from Duncan's, Martyn's, and Tom's rooms. I smile, glad they like my vids. Hopefully the news will get around that I'm playing with them, so my sub number won't be so depressing. That night when I check my subs I'm happily surprised. My subs hit 1,000.