The Hospital

--Paul's POV--

When we land I try to wake Andrea up, wanting to get to the hospital as soon as possible. But when she doesn't wake up fear grips me. I try again, and when her eyes remain closed I get the other's attention. "Get her to the hospital. We'll grab your guys' stuff," Duncan says. I nod and pick Andrea up and carry her out to where I parked my car. I drive as fast as I can to the hospital. I keep looking over to Andrea, hoping to see her awake and smiling, but each time I'm disappointed. I take her right to the emergency entrance and carry her in. They immediately put her on a gurney and bring her back to a room for inspection. "Do you know what kind of spider it was?" The doctor asks, looking worried. "No, I didn't really see it happen," I say, close to tears. "How long ago did it happen?" "It happened on Saturday." "I'm going to have to surgically remove all the dead and dying skin, but the anti-venom should stop the spread," he says, calling for an OR to be prepared. "Wait in the emergency room, I'll come out with news as soon as possible." I numbly walk back the way I came and sit down in one of the chairs. I don't know how long it is before the others come rushing in. "How is she?" Lewis asks, his voice mirroring the look of fear on their faces. "She's in surgery. They have to cut off all the dead and dying tissue," I tell them what the doctor told me. Duncan sits next to me,"She's going to be alright, she's a strong girl." I want to believe him, but he didn't see her arm.

We wait in the waiting room until the doctor finally comes out and heads for us. I stand up to meet him, expecting the worse but hoping for the best. "The anti-venom successfully stopped the spread, and we removed all the dead skin. But it was so bad we had to skin graft over it or it wouldn't heal. She's asleep right now, but you can see her." I sigh with relief, I don't know what I would do if I lost her. "See, she's going to be fine," Duncan says. We follow the doctor up to the ICU and to Andrea's room. I sit in the chair next to her, prepared to stay the night with her. "Now that we know she's going to be alright we're going to head home. We'll be back first thing in the morning," Lewis says. I only nod, not knowing what to say. I don't remember falling asleep, but the next thing I know is Lewis gently shaking me awake. "The doctor said she should wake up soon," I thank him and sit up. I look around and see the others, all sitting in chairs or standing. I wonder how long they've been here. Soon Andrea lets out a low groan and opens her eyes. I immediately hug her without thinking. She chuckles and hugs back with her good arm. "I was so worried! Why didn't you tell me?" I ask her. "Because I didn't want to ruin Minecon," she says, making me chuckle. "You wouldn't have. And it wouldn't have been you who ruined it; it would have been the spider." Sam and Andrea share a look, "It wouldn't have been the spider," Sam says. "What do you mean?" Lewis asks. "There was a man who put the spider on Andrea. He said it was a message from Enyo," Sam explains. Anger fills me, "What did he look like?" Andrea describes him, so I write it down. As soon as I'm alone I'm calling the police.

--Back to Andrea's POV--

A doctor walks in. "Ah, you're awake. How are you feeling?" "My arm doesn't hurt as bad and I'm alive, so I'm great." And I have Paul and the others with me, so I'm perfect. "Good, I just have to check how you're arm's doing and change the bandage, so if you guys want to leave, you should probably do it now. He says to the others. They nod: Hannah, Simon, Kim, Martyn, and Tom leave. I look at Paul, knowing he's squeamish. "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere," he says, making me smile. "This is going to hurt, but I put a special ointment on it last night, so it should minimize it," he tells me. I nod, so he grabs the scalpel and gently slices the tape. He starts pulling back the bandages. As soon as it starts revealing the bite I hiss in pain. The air hitting the open wound along with the bandage slightly pulling on my raw skin sends pain up my arm. Paul grabs my hand, helping to comfort me. I get up the guts to turn my head from Paul to look at my arm. There's a large circle of raw, red skin with a net that's probably a skin graft. "It's looking good. I don't see any signs of infection or spread. You should be good to go in a few days," he says putting ointment on and around the circle. He pulls out some fresh bandage and wraps it back up. "Thanks doctor," Paul says"Of course, I'm going to come back and check up on you about lunchtime," he says and leaves. The others come back in. "How's it doing?" Kim asks. "It's doing better. He said I should be able to leave in a few days," I tell them. "Good. We were so worried about you," Simon says. I turn to Paul, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you." He kisses me on the top of my head, "I'm just glad you're alright. I can't imagine losing you." I smile and lean over to hug him. The others leave soon after, heading back to work. But Paul stays with me, refusing to leave. When it starts getting dark out I move over in the surprisingly large hospital bed. Paul climbs in and pulls me into a hug. I snuggle closer and fall asleep.