Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Hey Travis , could you be our a little more careful?" (Y/N) words went unheard as he scrambled to pick up his fallen book. It had been knocked off his desk by none other than Travis and Daniel Beckett, fighting again. The two were often seen to be at odds and it was becoming quite tiring for (Y/N)to keep up, so he just tried to ignore them by reading his book before his homeroom teacher arrived, though it looked like he couldn't even do that in peace. Travis and Daniel were shouting pretty loudly and had the majority of the class' attention. Monika Shepard , Daniel's adoptive sister, was one step away from intervening before the teacher arrived and the two boys stopped.

"Daniel , Travis, why are you the only two out of your seats? I hope you weren't fighting again" Mr Hannes warned, becoming bored with their antics.

"No sir." Daniel muttered, taking a seat beside Monika who shook her head. Despite being annoyed with their behaviour, she did have a relieved look on her face because she didn't want Daniel to wind up in detention again. His mother was already angry enough at him as it was.

"What he said." Travis gritted his teeth, taking a seat beside Jack.

"Good!" Mr Hannes smiled, "Now that I seem to have everyone's full attention, I have something to announce." at that, Hannes turned his attention to the door and said, "You can come in now, Ashley."

A girl of short stature and light red hair that was covered by a beanie stepped into the room. She was wearing a gray hoodie and loose jeans, (Y/N) noticed that she had beautiful eyes.

"This is Ashley Graham , she just transferred here. Now kids, I want you to make her feel welcome, okay?" Hannes smiled. The class began to buzz with light chitter-chatter.

"Why would someone transfer in the middle of semester? That's just weird." Erik said just a bit too loudly.

"Right! Ashley, would you like to say anything about yourself in front of the class?" Hannes looked down towards Ashley, whose expression looked sour.

"No." she said bluntly.

(Y/n)thought it was strange that she didn't wish to introduce herself, but maybe she was just shy? Other members in the class whispered a little more and (Y/N) knew they probably weren't whispering nice things about the new girl. She hadn't exactly given the best first impression of herself, and at this school first impressions were everything.

"Ok," Hannes was slightly surprised by the girl's reaction and moved on quickly. "Let's find you a seat then". He scanned the room for an open seat, like most classrooms, the desks were arranged in twos. The only person who sat next to an empty desk was(Y/N).

One of the main disadvantages of being in a trio was that one person was always sort of the third wheel. More and more frequently these days (Y/N) seemed to feel like that, especially since it seemed that Monika was beginning to develop feelings for Daniel . Daniel of course was oblivious to this, the only people who noticed were (Y/N) and Travis. Travis noticed because he had a huge crush on Monika , and this was probably one of the key reasons to why Daniel and Travis were always fighting.

"You can go and sit beside( L/N), over there." Hannes pointed towards (Y/N)'s direction.

(Y/N) suddenly felt his heart race, feeling nervous as the new girl approached him. She didn't really seem that friendly at all, then again, (Y/N) believed in giving people a chance. Never judge a book by its cover, he reminded himself. People were often more deeper than they first appeared. When Ashley sat down she didn't even bother to look at (Y/N), that much he expected.

"H-hi there, I'm (First and Last)." The girl barely turned her head as she let out an almost inaudible sound of recognition. (Y/N) didn't expect that, or maybe he did. Either way, he instantly felt uncomfortable.This is going to be...interesting. He wanted to try and make the best of the situation and although he knew little to nothing about her, he had a feeling there was definitely a lot more to this girl than met the eye.

Throughout the whole fifteen minutes of homeroom, Ashley did not speak or as much as even look at(Y/N) . He on the other hand, kept glancing at her from the corner of his eye. (Y/N) was quite proud of his ability to be able to read people and he wanted to see if he could figure Ashley out, but without her actually noticing. When the class finally ended, Hannes made his way over to the pair before they had a chance to leave.

"(Y/N), would you be so kind to show Ashley around today? I gather you've got to know a little bit about each other in today's class."

(Y/N) smiled awkwardly at Hannes, but nodded, "Sure."

"Don't look so glum Ashley, (Y/N) is a wonderful boy." Hannes smiled at Ashley who had the same sour expression on her face as she had when she was standing in the front of the class. It was an 'I don't want to be here' type of face and was making (Y/N) feel more uneasy by the minute. Everyone had left the class in the meantime, and as Hannes walked out of the door, Ashley headed out leaving (Y/N) behind.

"Hey w-wait," he called out to her.

"I don't need a babysitter." she muttered.

"I know but...we can compare timetables can't we? Maybe we share—"

"If you're not stupid, you'll leave me alone." Ashley cut (Y/N) off with an irritated tone in her voice and scowled at him. The look she gave him made (Y/N) feel extremely intimidated and scared. She disappeared around a corner and he was left standing still and completely dumbfounded.

She's small but she's fierce...

A/n:
I hope you guys like this chapter this was my first story of a male reader insert I just remembered about it so I'm editing it a bit. I hope you guys enjoy it .