Chapter 16

It was bitterly cold outside, the streets were covered with ice and snow but Ashley  was unable to feel it. She was numb. She just couldn't stop thinking about what she had done, and also the mess she was in. Being around (Y/N) had made her truly happy at times and given her relief, but she was alone again now. Not to mention she would no longer have a job, because (Y/N) probably wouldn't want her to work at his grandfather's shop anymore. Ashley  stepped out onto the road ready to cross the street and that's when she heard the horns of a car sounding loudly in her ears. Her eyes widened and she stepped back quickly, just missing it.

"Watch where you're going!" she heard the driver yell and watched as the car disappeared down the road. Ashley's heart was hammering against her chest; the incident had completely snapped her away from her chain of thought. She was shook up. I could have been killed just now...would that have been a bad thing? Ashley's thoughts were scaring her, and left her feeling very uncomfortable. After all that had happened in the past, she had not once thought of ending her life and the fact that it was suddenly crossing her mind really proved how bad things were. Cut that out right now. I've already come this far, if I was to just die at this moment, everything I've been through would be for nothing.

When the redhead reached for the key in her bag, she noticed that her hands were shaking vigorously. The numbness had disappeared the moment she was almost hit by the car, and adrenaline was still rushing through her veins even a good ten minutes after the encounter. When Ashley got inside, she noticed that her father wasn't in. A wave of relief washed over the blonde and she went straight to her room. She didn't care where her father was, or what he was doing, she was just thankful that he wasn't here to witness what was going to happen next. After all that had occurred, Ashley  knew she had reached her limit with what she could deal with.

Ashley violently chucked her school bag across the bedroom causing all of her books to spill out all over the place. She let out a scream in frustration and started to kick the chest of drawers. The girl then brought her arm to smash all of the contents that was on top of the drawers to the ground, and pulled the blankets from her bed. She threw them to the opposite side of the room and closed her eyes. Ashley  breathed in and out heavily for several seconds and when her eyes opened again, she went towards the window and ripped the curtains from the railing. Ashley  flung them along with the blankets, she stopped again and looked at the state of her room. Ashley sighed and collapsed onto her bed; she stuffed her head into her pillow and screamed again. This time tears spilled from her eyes and she began to cry like she never had before. Ashley  curled up into a ball and continued to sob her heart out, her fingers instinctively made their way into the top of her hoodie and she pulled out the necklace from around her neck. The redhead clutched the silver ring that was attached to it in her hand. The ring was the last thing she had of her mother's. Everything else had been thrown out by her father after her death, there were a few photos Ashley  managed to salvage but a part from that, there was nothing.

Ashley  continued to cry and exhausted by her emotions, she drifted off into a deep sleep.

As soon as the last bell rang, (Y/N) practically ran out of school. Daniel offered to go to Ashley's  house with him, but (Y/N) said it was probably best that he go alone. After all, Ask  probably wouldn't want to talk in front of Daniel and after today's incident she probably didn't want to see him either.

Heck, (Y/N) thought, she probably doesn't even want to see me. She punched me...obviously she's angry and hurt. But I know I did the right thing. Officer  Ral has already reported everything to social services. They will get to the bottom of it, and whether or not Ashley wants to be my friend or girlfriend after it all, at least she will be safe from harm. That's all that really matters. Then again, if she really does hate me now, I'm not going to lie to myself and pretend I'm okay with that. I'd be heartbroken but...I can live knowing that she's okay.