Chapter 14

"Where are you going?" the voice made her shudder. The redhead stopped in the middle of the hallway and turned around to her father, who was standing by the door of the living room. Why did he care?

"Work."

"You got fired from that job in McDonalds though, didn't you? So tell me Ashley , where the fuck do you think you're going?" her father wasn't intoxicated. He was just being an asshole.

"I told you last week!" Ashley raised her voice. All that alcohol must have been corroding his brain because she had explained to him last weekend that she had a new job.

Her father suddenly lunged towards her and Ashley let out a gasp. The man grabbed hold of her arm and pulled her towards him. He tightened his grasp and it felt as if he was going to snap her fragile limb in two. Getting away with a simple bruise will be getting off lightly at this rate.

"Look, bitch. How many times have I told you not to use that tone with me?"

"Let go of me, I'm going to be late." Ashley needed to keep her cool. She knew how temperamental her father was. He wasn't drunk this time (which was a rare occurrence). He was just irritable from craving his precious alcohol, she didn't even know what was worse.

The man saw red and smashed her back against the wall. Ashley let out a yelp and squirmed in discomfort.

"Little shit. If you're in that much of a rush, I hope you won't even bother coming back! How does that fucking sound?" he snarled angrily. She had really aggravated him this time. Ashley remained silent and glared at him through the pain. He tightened his grip even further on her arm, obviously not approving of the look that was on her face.

Ashley's eyebrows scrunched together, "Sounds great" she muttered it under her breath but of course he heard. He raised his free hand and grabbed the bun in her hair. Her father then ripped out the hair tie and pulled down aggressively. Ashley cried out and she felt tears of pain form in her eyes.

"What the fuck did you say?" His face contorted in pure rage and she was scared he was going to rip the hair right out of her skull.

"Why did you force me into going to those Judo classes and help build me up if you were just going to use your strength against me to knock me back down again!?" the words spilled from her mouth. Ashley felt like screaming and kicking him, but she had learnt her lesson from the last time she had started screaming and lashing out. She had received a black eye for it. She watched her father's angry face morph into one of disgust.

"You may look like your mother, but you're nothing like her. You're nothing but a poisonous bitch, a bitter reminder." The man sneered and released both her hair and arm. Ashley was tempted to retort back but she wasn't stupid, it would have been very foolish to say something considering that he was absolutely fuming. He had released her, so now was her chance to escape. "Go on. Get out of my fucking sight. Ungrateful little cunt." his voice was low and Ashley ran.

"What book do you have there?" (Y/N)'s voice made the redhead girl jump, she hadn't heard the door. Just like last weekend, he said he would come by and keep her company while she worked on her shift.

Ashley was taking her break and had decided to take a look at one of the books there. The one she picked up was about astrology. She had always thought that horoscopes were stupid, but this book interested her. (Y/N) leaned over her to take a closer look and she blushed lightly as she felt him brush against her.

"It's about astrology." The pale girl's eyes remained on the book as she answered him.

"Oh, when is your birthday, Ashley ?" It was shocking how little he knew about the girl, especially since they spent so much time together.