T E M P T E D {Ch 11 - Bliss, Bitches and Boyfriends}

Chapter Eleven

Bliss, Bitches and Boyfriends

_________________________

Greg Shannon

______________

I slouched down on the bench, linking my fingers behind my head. It was a cold evening, heading into a freezing night, but I was too content to care. She had agreed to become my friend. It was only a matter of time before I charmed her into dating me. I had gotten so close to her this afternoon, I still felt delight when I thought about it. Another few inches and I could have been close enough to kiss her. I wonder what it would feel like. I'd certainly make sure that she'd enjoy it.

I let out a loose sigh. There was something bothering me about all this though. She seemed so determined to put me off and send me away. Someone hadn't been kind to her. My fists clenched unconsciously. This meant that she had to have been close enough to someone for them to hurt her so traumatically. What kind of idiotic bastard would push HER away? I knew what the feeling inside me was; jealousy. Jealousy because someone had once had her love. Dammit! I stood up swiftly.

And, like a witch out of smoke, Janelle appeared. Ugh. It was moments like these that I wished I could sock her in the face. And she hadn't even spoken yet. I didn't smile, hoping that she would get the message that I did not want to talk, that we were not friends and that she was a Barbie brought to life without brain function.

"Greg," she purred. Ah, she was in seductive mode. Most composed guys would usually run from her when she started sending out those signals. Desperate guys would fall on their knees and praise whatever god they could think of. Blake had felt sorry for her, especially when she put on her puppy eyes and pouty lip. Though that still didn't make it okay that they'd dated.

"I heard that you got rejected by that little blonde kid earlier. Tough break." She smiled and looked up and me through her lashes. It took all my strength not to shudder.

"Your grapevine's a little mouldy, Janny. I wasn't totally rejected."

"Forget her," she said. I wondered if she had listened to my answer at all. "There's a girl who's totally willing to go out with you, who'll boost your image in the public eye and who's a way more mature than that scrawny kid."

Oh no. She wasn't really gonna embarrass herself, was she? I hadn't thought that she'd been this stupid. Vain and ignorant, yes, but not an airhead.

I had to get out of this without causing her to begin a tantrum. "Ooh, sorry Jan. You go right ahead and tell that girl that I'm unavailable. A few years ago, I might've said yes. But I've got my sights set on someone and I'm not gonna change my mind."

I turned to go and nearly slammed my elbow into her face when she latched onto my arm with claw like fingers.

"Greggy. This isn't 'some girl'. It's me, silly. Come on, the only reason I went out with Blake was so that I could get closer to you."

Stupid slut couldn't even lie properly. Something inside me snapped. "To hell with this subtle evasion. You're a stinking slut who I wouldn't date if it were a life or death situation. You have ZERO good qualities, your personality makes me want to shoot myself and I fucking KNOW that you weren't loyal to my best friend. If you weren't a weak piece of shit I would punch my fist through your throat. Now get the FUCK outta my sight!"

Her fingers went limp and fell to her sides. She had recoiled in shock but I could see her quickly trying to recompose herself. My chest heaving, I glared at her, daring her to say something rather than following my order and backing off.

Her expression soured. "You're just one big ass, Greg. I'll make you regret this." She spun around and stalked off dramatically. I shut my eyes and forced myself to calm down. I hadn't lost my temper like that in years. I needed to do something to work off this rage. I walked slowly toward the school building where I knew that a girl from my choreography class would be finishing up with her group of dancers. Hopefully I could talk her into leaving the key with me so I could have some time practice some of the moves that I saw on YouTube the other day.