T E M P T E D {ch 18 - Vanity, Vulnerability and Vitalization}

Chapter Eighteen

Vanity, Vulnerability and Vitalization

____________________

Leah Fox

_____________

"So, you're okay with Friday night? Fox?"

I blinked out of my blank stare and looked at Ferris. He was looking at me like I'd done something hilarious.

"I was listening, I was listening." I screwed up my nose at him. "You know when you get one of those stares going and it's like a mini-sleep, I didn't want to stop."

He grabbed my hand and squeezed it between his big palms, bringing it up to his chin. "The question, Fox, answer it!" He laughed at me.

I rolled my shoulders, I was getting a little irritated. For no reason. I'd been grumpy since this morning and I had no idea why. I'd had the best sleep last night. "Tonight I'm free, tomorrow night I am not and Friday I have late classes for my beginner's ballet. I swear I've said this about fifty times already."

He frowned for a second and then smiled easily, pressing my hand against his chest. "Sorry, it must've gone right over my head. I just really want to have a night out of here, you know? We haven't had a proper date yet and I'm starting to get sick of the dorms."

This guy was way too nice. "Yah, me too. Maybe on Saturday or something..."

He sighed slightly. "I have to go back home for the weekend, just to pick up some things for my dorm room and to catch up with my parents before they head off to France for their holiday."

I raised an eyebrow. "First I'm hearing of it."

He shrugged. "I figured I'd be taking you out Friday so I could let you know then."

"Oh, uh-huh."

He tilted his head and smiled cutely. "Come 'ere." He stretched out his arms and looped them around my waist, pulling me onto his lap. His body was pleasantly warm and his hard chest was making me feel a little tingly.

"You looked like you needed a hug," he said, dropping his chin onto my head. "Sorry I didn't tell you any earlier."

"You need to stop apologising," I said stiltedly. I suddenly felt like pushing away, my five second 'sensitive-girl' moment passing.

"My bad." I heard the smirk in his voice.

"Hey! Ferris, Fox! You guys are so close it's like I'm looking at one person. I'm gonna blush. Hey, Faye, watch me blush right now."

I looked over Ferris' shoulder to see Matt nudging Faye, no pinkish tinge to be seen on his face. Faye was laughing silently, her hand over her mouth. I scowled.

"Take a picture, dumbass, it'll last longer," I grumbled half-heartedly.

"Oh, you're right!" He whipped out his phone and aimed the camera at the two of us. I slipped out of Ferris' grasp like an eel.

"Oh, come on, that would've been cute," Matt chuckled, putting his phone away.

"I'm not cute," I muttered.

"Liar," Ferris said, winking at me. I felt like rolling my eyes. Sometimes it felt like he was putting it on, pretending to be the cocky, romantic guy. It made me laugh.

Faye floated gracefully to sit next to me on the bench. "So, what are you doing tonight, Fox? You don't have any more classes today, right?"

"Nope," I grinned happily. "I'm all done for the day and free for the night."