T E M P T E D {Ch 15 - Avoidance, Awkwardness, and Attack}

Chapter Fifteen

Avoidance, Awkwardness, and Attack

________________________________

Leah Fox

____________

The second week, and the third, passed without any spectacular occurrence. I struggled through the drama classes, got used to the aches of dancing and outshone Janelle in the music class. I had lunch with my boyfriend, as well as Haezel - who'd been avoiding Greg for reasons she had yet to divulge - and the two hopeless, Faye and Matt, who hadn't yet gotten around to dating... or revealing their feelings for that matter. At first, Ferris had been slightly bitter about Blake's announcement and my brother's reaction, but he was an easy going guy and it only took a few days for him to return to his bright and happy self. I, myself, had been successfully avoiding Blake and he, thankfully, had been leaving me alone.

Well, he had been. Until today. It was the end of Mr Paul's class and he was by the door, Greg at his side. They looked like two bouncers, blocking my exit. I was in the centre of the room, waiting for my teacher to return with a tape of a routine for me. I was tempted to leave it but, judging by the smirk Greg was directing towards me, my guess was that I wouldn't be able to leave so easily.

"Foxy! Where've you been lately?" he called across the room though he didn't budge from the door.

I shrugged my shoulders and tapped my foot impatiently. As soon as the Mr Paul came back, I could leave because those two wouldn't harass me in front of a teacher.

"Oh, come on!" Greg just wouldn't shut up. "You haven't been AVOIDING me, have you?"

I sent him the iciest glare I could muster. Blake muttered something to Greg and then started walking over to me. I shut my eyes and nearly grunted.

"How's the ferret going?" he asked casually. The bastard.

I slowly turned my head and stared at him, jaw clenched, lips tight. The goddamn asshole looked like he was holding back a chuckle. How could he not be on his knees, begging me for forgiveness?

Finally, Paul returned with the disc. I would've snatched it from him but he saw Blake and put his hands on his hips. I could hardly grab it from there.

"What's up, Blake?"

Oh God, why couldn't he give me the stupid disc before asking these questions?

"I'm just here to talk to you about my choreography assignment."

"Oh alright. Here, Leah, I'll give you this so you can go." He offered the CD to me like a beacon. I didn't want to be around while Blake talked about this group that I was supposedly in.

"Ah!" I made a small sound as Blake reached in and took my disc.

He tucked it under his arm and put his other hand into the pocket of his jeans. "Actually, it involves Leah as well."

I glared at him. This was definitely about me joining his group. I DIDN'T WANT TO! ...If only I was telepathic.

"Oh, isn't she in Greg's group? I thought I'd put her there." Paul glanced over to the door and Greg smiled and shook his head. Why did he have to stand by the door? Why couldn't he just come over too? It wasn't like I was going to run away like a little brat. He could be an ally of sorts... though he'd probably side with Blake. But it still would've been a comfort.

"Yeah but, unfortunately, Greg's got two extra girls so I asked Leah here to change groups and she accepted."

I opened my mouth to argue but Blake talked over me.