Chapter 22: Dread, Dismay and Deterioration

Chapter Twenty-Two

Dread, Dismay and Deterioration

Vance Shepherd

________________

I felt a thrill run through me as I watched Janelle glance at me and her eyes filled with panic. I let a small smile alight my features and nodded acknowledging. I watched her swallow nervously and she gripped her friends arm, turning away from me. They hurried out of the study room and I enjoyed the look she gave me just before they exited. Wary and a little bit frightened. I chuckled softly to myself. Janelle owed me and she knew I wouldn’t be patient nor swayed when it came to claiming my prize.

The stubborn bitch had been subdued by a few words from me after our “date”. She knew I was coming for her and the brilliance of it was she didn’t know when. She could be paranoid for a very long time.

The door opened again and my little blonde ballerina came in. I watched her hungrily and stood. She’d spurned me in the music class but she was about to learn that I didn’t back down easily, if I ever did.

Leah Fox

__________

“This is not working.”

I paused the dance technique film and looked over to Ferris. He’d been quiet for a while, mopey since he’d returned after his weekend break. He sat on my bed, leaning against the wall with his music history book rested on his lap. His eyes looked tired and his hair flopped everywhere. He caught my gaze with his own and frowned.

“Are you struggling with your homework?” I asked, suppressing a smirk. I didn’t understand why he thought it’d be a brilliant idea to study in here. We still hadn’t patched up properly and I really should be focusing on the film. I had a quiz on the different moves in my next class… which happened to be tomorrow.

He pushed the book off his lap onto the bed and shifted over to me. I raised my eyebrows in question but instead of speaking, he wrapped an arm around my waist and leaned over me. I was forced to lean back onto the bed as he moved forward.

“I really need to study this,” I said softly, a little irritated.

His eyes darkened a fraction and he planted his lips on mine, yanking my waist against his hard abdomen and placing his other hand above my shoulder on the bed to support himself. His moist tongue invaded and explored my mouth. I moved my lips to match his rhythm for a moment and then slammed my palms into his chest. Our kiss was broken but instead of moving back, Ferris grabbed my wrists in one hand and lifted the above my head, his strength holding them in place as I attempted to pull out of his grip.

“I don’t care if you’re bored,” I said with a growl. “I need to study right now, not make out with you.”

He shifted and lifted his leg over my body. I quit pulling on my hands and glared at him.

“You’re distracting me,” he said in a low voice.

“I’m not joking!”

He just chuckled and bent down, pressing his lips on my nose and then moving down, across my jaw and along my neck.

“This is not working,” I whispered, repeating his words.

He pulled back and I realised what I’d said.

“Us?” No emotion showed on his face.

There was no point in lying now. “Yeah, us.”

He rolled off me and tugged on his hair. He looked away from me and then stood up.