TEMPTED - {CH 19 - Will, Weird, War}

Chapter Nineteen

Will, Weird, War

______________________

Blake Amherst

_________________

The sounds of the party were like whispering winds in the back of my mind. I was happy, really happy, for the first time in so damn long. Greg had sent me a text earlier saying he had a date. I knew his mind, knew that only one girl would be allowed to date him. I knew he’d be out of his mind with excitement. Not just that but Leah had just arrived without Ferris and she didn’t know it yet, but last night she had begun a war.

She knew about how I felt. I was kind of relieved. It meant that she wasn’t dumb and also that I no longer had to hold back. I stifled a gleeful snicker. I was excited. This was like revenge for the way she made me feel so ridiculously like a school-boy.  Fun times were ahead.

I picked up my drink and dawdled over to a group of guys in my intermediate percussion class. They greeted me with enthusiasm, a lot of them were eighteen and still weren’t adept when it came to the art of drinking, having too much too early before the party even started. They’d be wasted before midnight. But that was the only way they’d learn to spread their drinks over more time. I chatted, joked and stood in a position that allowed me to watch Leah with ease.

Her hair was tied back tonight, revealing an elegant neck. Her posture was amazing but I guessed that being that short would mean that she had to look up at people a lot and would probably sit straight in order to not feel as short. It could also be a pride thing, in Leah pride came in the truckload. I’d learnt that swiftly. Her jaw was tensed at the moment as she looked around the room. Faye and Matt were beside her so I didn’t know what she was looking for her. Unless that Ferret kid was supposed to be arriving at some point.

I laughed as two of the guys acted out something that had happened to them the other night when they’d sneaked into the bathrooms on the girls’ side of the dorms and forced myself to forget about Ferret. I concentrated on Leah again, taking in her long lashes and soft-looking lips. Her smooth skin and small ears, black pearl earrings drawing my attention. She was pretty. Not beautiful, nor stunning but if the top ten most popular females in the world stood in the same room as her I would still be drawn to her and only her. How did I explain that? Her body was small, petite, and it made me want to pick her up and run. Her smile made my blood heat, her laugh made it boil, but the masochistic side of me loved it most when she was mad, her eyes like blue lightening, her cheeks flushed.

I wondered what she’d look like after I kissed her.

I chuckled to myself which made Pete, who was standing next to me, give me a funny look. I grinned at him.

“What’re you looking at, short-ass?” I said with a laugh.

“Hey.” He pointed at me accusingly. “I just heard you laugh at absolutely nothing like some kind insane piranha.”

“Piranha?” I asked, giving him a look that crossed between amused and worried.

“Oh, who the fuck knows why I made that comparison. I saw Jen today. She seemed to think that I was too bitey when we kissed so I’ve had piranhas on my mind since then.”