T E M P T E D {Ch 13 - Temper, Trust and Talk}

[To those of you who actually got that message sent out a few days ago. I wasn't that sick, and even if I was I wouldn't have told Jay to write something up on wattpad between being sick... Never trust anything you read from those guys. Ever]

Chapter Thirteen

Temper, Trust and Talk

________________________

I stared blankly at the floor. I wasn't going to be the one who spoke first. I still hadn't decided whether I'd be apologetic or defensive.

"Didn't you... didn't you think it would be a good idea to tell me this?" Rhy asked.

I screwed up my nose, hating the feeling of shame and embarrassment that was coursing through me. Damn Blake and his stupid big mouth. I had been close to tolerating him but now I just plain hated him.

"I only just asked her out last night," Ferris stepped up. I shifted my feet.

"So it's true?" Blake asked in a low voice.

My head snapped up so I could shoot fire from my eyes at Blake. "You fucker. What it is, is none of your business. You may be getting along just fine with my brother but that doesn't mean you get any say in my life and who I do or do not get to date. Are you having fun, turning my brother's visit into a family confrontation? Huh? Don't go and pretend we're friend's and say shit like 'oh, I heard a funny rumour', you ass!"

His eyes widened and he took a step back.

"Leah!" Rhy said sharply.

I turned to him and pointed in Ferris' direction. "Yes, I'm dating this guy. Yes, it was sudden. But it's MY choice. MY CHOICE! So just leave it. Just fucking leave it!"

I pivoted on the spot and sprinted down the stairs. My heart was pounding up in my throat and I had no idea where I was running to. Dammit, I wish I was braver. Brave enough to admit to my brother that I had done a stupid thing, only because I had missed being close to a guy. Poor Ferris, all I really wanted was a boyfriend and he should know that I had no feelings towards him.

_______________________

Greg Shannon

______________

I stepped out of my room in time to see Foxy racing down the stairs. Her yelling had woken me up and I'd rushed out to see what the fuss was. She left behind a shell-shocked Blake, two dumbfounded twin blondes. Some first year took a step to follow her but a dark haired guy, who looked very much like her, stopped him with just two words.

"Back off," he growled. He walked quickly to the stairs and leapt down them after her. I blinked to clear my bleary eyes. What the hell had just happened?

Blake turned his head slowly and his eyes caught mine. "Greg, mate. I had something to tell you..." He was obviously distracted by Leah and her outburst. "Um..." He glanced down the stairs.

"Why don't you follow her too?" I grumbled grumpily. "Or just spit it out already. I mean, what did you do to her now?"

He gaped at me dumbly. I felt like flicking him on the forehead.

"I just made a mistake." He shoved his hand through his hair and then kneaded the back of his neck. He usually did that when he was particularly stressed.

I sighed with impatience. "What the hell did you do?"

"Ah, oh shit! Dude, did you piss off Nell?"

I blinked in shock at the change in the direction of our conversation. "Er, yeah. I sort of lost it yesterday evening."

He blew out his cheeks. "She's spreading rumours."