a.

" I just don't think this will be the best type of home for the child. " Ms. Irene stated, hesitantly.

" What's the difference between a heterosexual household and a homosexual household? " I asked. She looked around, thinking. " Nothing but the pairing of the parents. The child will go through life, just as any other child would. "

" I just don't think that would be the best right now, I'm sorry. " she apologized.

" Ms. Irene, you know how long we've been at this: once every three months. Can we just get some slack, I just don't understand? " D'wight begged.

" I'm sorry. " she repeated. We nodded, getting up to leave the office. I held the door for D'wight as he walked out, walking to the car.

" You good, baby? " I asked him, cranking the car up. I looked over at him and he let out a deep sigh.

" I'm good. " he replied, putting on a fake smile.

I put the car in reverse, backing out of the parking spot and heading home. I continued to glance over at D'wight, who was obviously aggravated. I grabbed his hand, kissing it. He looked over at me, smiling.

" What would you like for dinner? "

" I don't know, you're the chef. You know I eat whatever you cook. " he replied, seeming to feel a little better.

" How about baked chicken breast, with my signature barbecue glaze? " I looked over at him, and he smiled brightly.

" You know that's my favorite. If I don't thank your mother for anything else, it would be for that recipe. "

" Oh, so that's it? " I side-eyed him.

" And her handsome, intelligent son. " he kissed my cheek.

" That's better. " I bit my lip, winking at him. He hates when I do that.

" You want to play games, keep on. " he warned me, and I laughed.

We pulled into the driveway of the house, getting out of the car. I unlocked the front door, opening it and shaking at the feeling of the cool breeze.

" Thank God, we are home! " he yelled out, being dramatic.

" Shut up. " I stepped behind him, grabbing his waist and planting a soft kiss on his neck. " Go freshen up and step into something sexy for daddy, please? "

He moaned. " Terrell, why must you play these games. "

" I'm serious. " I squeezed his ass, making him laugh. He walked up the stairs, walking into our room.

I walked into the kitchen, first washing my hands, and then looking into the fridge for the ingredients. Chicken breast, barbecue sauce, potatoes, and parmesan cheese. I peeled the potatoes, placing them in the hot water. I grabbed the fresh fruits from the fridge, cutting and slicing them. I grabbed a pot, placing it on the stove. I turned it to medium, pouring the barbecue sauce into it. Once it got hot and thin, I placed the fruit in it, mushing everything together for the perfect blend.

" It's smelling pretty good in here, babe. " D'wight cooed, walking over to the kitchen island. I smiled.

" You pulled out the shorts on me, huh? "

" You said something sexy, and that's what I'm giving you. " he walked his fingers up my spine, making it tingle.

" Go check the mail, smart ass. "

He gave me one of his signature faces, walking outside. Momentarily, he returned, shuffling through the thin pieces of paper in his hands.

" Anything came in the mail today? "

" Bills, and another letter saying that we won't be able to adopt. " he sighed, handing me the piece of paper.

" Why don't we just take a break for a while? " I asked and he looked at me.

" I thought this was what you wanted? "

" I do, but I'm tired of the rejection. " I shrugged.

" Maybe you're right, I know we've both been stressing lately. " he walked around the island, hugging me from behind. " By the way, it looks like it's about to storm outside. "

" Is that so? " he sat on the counter, next to me.

I grabbed the chicken breast, seasoning them. I assorted them on a flat pan, popping them in the oven. D'wight grabbed his laptop, checking on the weather.

" It says that it could get pretty bad tonight. " he told me.

" You never know, we reside in Florida. It could possibly pass on by. " I replied, picking up my phone and checking my notifications.

" That is very true. " he swung his legs.

After an hour, dinner was finally done and we sat down at the table to eat. The thunder lowly growled, lightly shaking the house.

" I hope the power....... " the lights quickly went out, leaving us in complete darkness.