k.

" And that's basically how they got here. " I told her. She was still shaking her head, as if she didn't believe it.

" Wow! It's amazing how you guys make it seem like they're your own. " she cooed. " Ever since dad did what he did, I.... " she stopped. She looked down at her hands, then looked up at me. " I'm sorry, Terrell. I was foolish, and dumb, and I didn't know what I was doing. It's hurts me more everyday knowing that we don't talk, and you're all I have left. Dad is gone, our brother is gone, whose next? "

" Krystal, I forgave you. We were too much alike, it would be like hating myself. But how could you have sided with him? He beat ma', and practically raped you every night. How could you be okay with that? " she looked back down at her hands, starting to cry.

" I told you, I don't know. I ask myself that question all of the time, and I can never answer. I thought that's how love was supposed to be, you know? Ma' never pulled us aside and laid out what was wrong, or what it was supposed to be like, she didn't tell us anything. And when you came out, and you left, I was furious. PJ was fuming. We were trying to understand how could she talk to you like that, how could she say the things that she said about you? But we didn't say anything, we thought that's how it was supposed to be. We thought arguing was the only way to fix things. " she explained to me. " Now I understand why you left home, and I wish I understood then. PJ would still be here. " she looked down.

" PJ had a mind of his own, and he wouldn't have listened anyways. " I walked over to her, hugging her tightly. She hugged me back, crying onto my shoulder. " It's all good, I'm here for you. Forever and always. " she pulled away.

" I love you, Terrell. You saved me! " she said, and a stray tear fell down my cheek. She wiped it away. She got up, walking towards the front door.

" Krystal? " I called out to her. She turned around. " Why don't you stay for dinner? "

" I would love to. " she sniffled.

We walked into the kitchen, and started to cook. Kaylee and Krystal really hit it off, and that made me happy. That made D'wight happy. Sometimes when I look at him, I just want to know where did all of that luck come from? He was always there for me, even when we went through it a while back. I walked over to him, kissing his neck.

" Where would I be without you? " I whispered in his ear.

" Probably in a ditch somewhere. " he joked, and we laughed.

We sat down to eat dinner, and Krystal caught us up with a few things. D'wight invited her the Halloween party, and she gladly accepted.

" Terrell, you will never guess who I'm cool with now. " she told me, laughing.

" Who? " I asked her, curiously.

" Angela Pope. " she said. D'wight's face instantly froze. He looked over at me, but I didn't look at him.

" How long you guys been kicking it? " I picked my fork back up.

" Almost five years now. That's by bestie. " she nodded.

" That's wassup. Good to know that she changed her heart. " I wiped my hands on the paper towel.

" Well, thank you guys for having me, I have to head to work. " she got up, hugging D'wight and I as she left. The front door opened, then closed. I looked over at him, and he was eating.

" What's on your mind? " I asked him.

" If she brings that girl to the party, it's going down. " he nodded, assuringly.

" Nope, not going to happen. " I sat back in my chair.

" And why not? " he raised his eyebrow.

" You got me to agree to being cordial, and you will act as such. If you don't, I'll have to put you in your place. " I teased and he scoffed.

" Bye, Tommy better find him another playmate. " he rolled his eyes, and I laughed loudly.

" Is it cookie time, yet? " Kaylee asked with a hint of excitement in her voice.