h.

I watched D'wight, closely as he pulled on his pants. I bit my bottom lip, resisting the urge to fuck him at this very moment. He looked over at me, rolling his eyes. I got up, walking over to him and wrapping my arms around him.

" So, you gotta' attitude, huh? " I growled into his ear. He shivered under my touch, and I chuckled.

" Whatever. " he brushed me off, walking away from me. He went to put on his t-shirt, walking back to the room. He brushed his hair, putting on his hat, and turning it backwards. He put on his clear shades, looking back at me. " How do I look? "

I leaned back, winking at him. " I mean, what can I say? You mine, right? "

" What are you implying, that if I wasn't fly, you wouldn't date me? " he walked out of the room, over to Kaylee's. She was dressed in her overalls, her shirt, and her sandals. They walked into the bathroom so that he could do her hair. " Can you put that onsie on Jarih, please sir? It's sitting directly beside you. "

" I sure can. " I scanned the bed for the onesie, grabbing it and slipping it on Jarih. I grabbed a pair of white socks, slipping them over his feet. I pulled his sleek, curly hair into a tiny ponytail.

" You like it? " D'wight asked Kaylee.

" I love it! " she told him, laughing. " I look pretty. "

" You are very pretty, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, promise? " he spoke.

" Promise. "

They walked out of the bathroom, and D'wight gave me a skeptical look. He looked around the room, as if he were looking for somebody.

" What? " I asked, curiously.

" Is there a ghost in here? Why did you let them touch that little boy? " he smirked.

" Oh, I see you got jokes, huh? " I asked him. " You better be in the car by the time I get him settled in, or you'll get left. " I got up, grabbing Jarih.

" Oh, so you threatening me? " he asked and I tried to keep a serious face.

We packed Jarih a bag, putting him in his car seat and buckling him in. We walked to the car, securing the children inside, then we were on our way. There was a restaurant up the street that D'wight and I have been dying to try, so we went there. It was Tuesday, so kid's ate free. Don't judge us. We walked inside, waiting ten minutes to be sat.

" Welcome, my name is Cali, and I will be your server. " the girl spoke, energetically. " What can I get you guys to drink? "

" Sprite for him, Coke for me, and a kid's sprite for the little one. " I told her as she wrote it down.

" This must be your little family, huh? " she asked, not letting the smile fade away from her face.

" Well.."

" Yes. " I interrupted D'wight.

" Well, you guys look great. Let me get your drinks in, and I'll be right back. " she tucked her little book under her arm, and walked away.

" Okay, then. " D'wight sighed. Kaylee tapped his arm, pointing to the entrance.

" It's not nice to point, Kaylee. " he told her.

" Hold on. " I scrunched my eyebrows. I followed her hand, and there was a woman standing by the door. She looked just like Kaylee, but with a little make-up on. She was short with black, curly hair. You could tell that she does drugs, or something of that sort. " Is that your mother? "

" Yes. " she nodded.

The woman started to walk our way, making direct eye contact with me. She smiled, looking down at Kaylee and Jarih. She waved at them, but kept walking. She kept walking! I looked at D'wight, and I could tell that he was hurt.

" How could she walk by.. "

" Hey, don't you worry about it. They're safe, and that's all that matters. " I grabbed his hand, kissing it. " You okay, Kaylee? "

" I'm happy now. " she smiled as Cali placed the drinks on the table.

" Alright, can I get you guys started with any of our delicious appetizers? "

The night quickly turned into something positive. We learned so many things about Kaylee and Jarih. Kaylee's birthday was December 14, her favorite color was pink, and she loved Princess Tiana. Jarih's birthday is actually the same day, just years apart. I asked for the check, but I didn't receive anything. Cali returned to the table.

" Did you forget the check, baby? " D'wight asked her, boxing his food up.

" No need to worry about that, I took care of it for you guys. " she told us. We were shocked, but thankful. " These must be her children, the little girl looks just like her, and she just walked by them without saying anything. I know she didn't know you guys because she would have stopped to speak, in depth. You guys are doing the right thing, and if you ever need me, I'm here. "

" Thank you, but we have to give you your money back. " I spoke, giving her back the full seventy three dollors. " Again, thank you. "