c.

I inhaled deeply, sitting up in the bed and rubbing my eyes. I looked around, noticing the flat white covers. I could smell food, so I got up, walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I pulled my wave cap off, lightly brushing my hair before sliding my sweats on. I walked downstairs, seeing D'wight and Kaylee watching Powerpuff Girls.

" You mad corny, you know that? " I chuckled, kissing him on his neck.

" This the show, man, what are you talking about? " he turned towards me, pecking my lips. " Breakfast is on the stove, it still should be hot. "

" Thank you, baby. " I groaned as I stretched. " Oh, you hooked me up this morning? "

" I sure did! I had to after the bad night you had. " he chuckled.

" Forget you, punk. " I opened the fridge, grabbing the orange juice. I poured some into a glass, fixing a small plate, then walking into the front room. I sat down on the couch next to them.

D'wight was pulling Kaylee's hair into two pony tails, teasing her natural curls. She looked over at me, smiled and waved. I waved back to her, returning a smile. I felt someone tug at the leg of my pants, and I sat up to look down at Jarih.

" That child is greedy. " D'wight shook his head.

" Mhmm. " Kaylee nodded, agreeing with him.

" Hey, you can't have anything that I got, little man. " I picked him up, sitting him on my lap.

" He ain't trying to hear that. " D'wight sighed. " Do you want me to take them with me? I'll probably be sitting in the office all day. "

" I have an interview today at three, so when I finish, I'll come and get them. " I told him.

" Why didn't you tell me that? " he punched me.

" Because I didn't want you to get my hopes up. " I continued my breakfast.

" I'm supposed to support you, am I not? " he asked me.

" Yeah, but.......nothing, because I'm saying it the wrong way. " I shook my head, turning my head back to the TV.

" Alright, pretty girl, let's go find you something to wear. " he got up off of the couch, starting to walk off. I grabbed his wrist, waiting for him to look at me.

" Baby, you know I didn't mean it like that. I love your support, it keeps me going. It's just that....."

" I understand, Terrell. " he nodded. " You needs to be getting a move on it, though, it's twelve-forty five. "

I finished my breakfast, going upstairs to get ready. After D'wight had both of them dressed, he left to go to the store. He was buying a car seat for the both of them. I told him that I would go, but he said that he would be fine, the store was right up the street. I wasn't about to argue with him, so I just kissed him and watched them out. I stepped out of the shower, wrapping my towel around my waist. My phone rung, and I ran out of the bathroom to answer it.

Wassup, nigga?

Aye, you wanna' head out tonight? I know that D'wight supposed to be having his night, so I just thought that I'd help you out.

You know I'm down. I love my baby, but some of the females that he hangs with, they do the most.

Trust me, I know. I'll hit you with the details later, stay safe and be good.

You too, Will.

I grabbed my dress pants, and button down shirt, slipping them on my body. I pulled my socks on, lacing up my dress shoes. I put on my tie, tightening it around my neck. I did one last appearance check, spraying cologne on my clothing. I grabbed my car keys, walking outside and locking the door behind me. Before I left the house, I shot D'wight a text.

MyLife 👬💙👑 : Did you get everything situated with the car seats? Get to work safely?

MyEverything 😍🔐🌏 : Yes, everything is good. Thank you, and good luck to you. I love you!

MyLife 👬💙👑 : I love you more, baby. Have a good day, and I'll see you in a few.