An Incident at Mucho's Shakes

Leah

An Incident at Mucho's Shakes

I miss Gran, Spaz. She was special.

"Meow"

Yeah... I know, but still. I mean we had a magical connection, a different language... But now she's gone...

"Meow"

I sighed. If anything can cheer me up, its definitely Spaz. I plugged in my earphones and continued listening to Enigma. I picked up Spaz, sat cross-legged in front of my mirror, and locked eyes with myself. Caressing his fur helped me forget about my problems, but hey we 15 year olds forget everything BUT our problems. I looked at my greenish reflection through my pupils on the mirror. On the bright side different is unique right?

I slowly laid my back onto the floor and observed my collection of 416 memos bearing words on the ceiling, the earphones still pumping music into my ears. I took out my 417th memo and wrote down the word 'Grandma'. I pushed Spaz aside got on top of my Gypsy styled chair and stuck it onto the ceiling covering up the last blank space there is. See, Grandma and I, we -

"Leah! I wanna take you out! Get down here! We've got serious shopping to get done!" Cried out my theoretically older sister, Rita, from downstairs disturbing my calm atmosphere.

You ever heard of Rita Ora? Well I guess my parents sort of predicted she'd turn out this way, she's pretty much IDENTICAL to Rita Ora when it comes to partying all night. I, on the other hand, am nothing like that.

"Leah! Get down here already! It's not like you've got a ton of clothes to choose from in your closet!" She yelled again.

"RITA! That is NOT the way you talk to your sister! Take your time sweetie!"  My overly-protective Mom scolded her from below.

"Alright, alright! I'm coming!" I pulled on my nearest hoodie, slipped in my worn out sneakers, and hurried downstairs.

"Whoaa! Leah! You're gonna go out with me, dressed up in that  trash?!" She told me inspecting me from top to bottom.

"RITA!" Mom yelled

"Okay, okay Mom... chill out! Leah, dear, I'm buying you a new outfit." garbled Rita mockingly.

"Umm... Okay...Can we go now?" I muttered, embarrassed.

" A'right fine, see ya Mom!" Rita once again cried out as she took hold of my hand, grabbed a coke, and pushed me out of the house into broad daylight. I shielded my face with my hoodie, and jumped into my sister's hot pink retro Toyota pickup truck. That's right, I said pickup truck.

"Hurry up, before she sees us!" Rita urgently hissed;

"Who sees us?" I idiotically asked out loud, but it was too late.

Our next door neighbor, Ms. Barbara Razi, was already striding up to us difficultly in her bright red Prada heels. Basically, Ms. Razi is the gossip column in our neighborhood's paper whom everybody hates. Thing is, she's around 67 years old, (unfortunately in perfect conditions), and she's got two posh poodles she believes are her genetic children, as peculiar as this may sound, I'm starting to believe it too.

"Rita, dear! Oh thank goodness! I wanted to talk to you, dear!" She called out from her front-yard in her high pitched snobbish tone.

"Great. Just great. Thanks a lot Leah." Rita sarcastically mumbled. "Here comes Ms. Paparazzi"

I managed to conceal my laugh just as Ms. Razi arrived.

"Rita dear." She began to say, "It's your pink hippo... It's freaking Lulu and Roxie out! Every time they'd come out here to try and play around, that thing terrifies them and in no time they'd be back in the house. They wouldn't calm down unless I'd give them a treat. And, love, I'm starting to run out of treats."