Anonymous II

Anonymous II

At an instant, his eyes burst open.

His lips parted wide and he took in a deep breath of the fresh countryside air surrounding him.

A mixture of confusion, fury, and shame churned in his heart as he reviewed his failure, his gashed face however, remains expressionless.

This could’ve been it. It could’ve been his big one. Some would say he wasn’t lucky, others would say it wasn’t meant to be, but this man –this man didn’t believe in luck nor did he believe in fate or destiny. He believed in will.

He knew there was nothing he could’ve done to avoid the vile multihued haired girl’s unexpected foolish acts, which had only contributed a great deal to his consistent detestation towards them.

Death is a mere act of mercy, he thought. He craved for more than just that, but for such to take place, he must first find them.

His body ached all over, though his wounds and bones had already begun to heal as energy channeled along his nerves.

He staggered upon getting to his feet, and dusted himself as he examined his motorcycle which had been previously pulled to the side of the road.

It wasn’t as damaged as he was, and with a sigh of relief, he rode.

He closed his eyes and envisioned his prey’s trail as the piercing cold wind blew through his pure black strands. He now knew his destination; however, the initial point of their expedition remained unidentified to him.

Deciding to take it from the top, he spun and drove back to the gas station.

He slowly pulled the door open and stepped in, intensely gazing at the chubby clerk as he stepped forward.

“Hello, sir! Can I be of assistance?”  She gladly told him, looking down at the accounts her flabby fingers competently handled.

“In fact, you can.” He said, his voice a deep gruff fierce one.

That was when she committed the mistake she could never regret.

She looked up and her eyes met his, she melted in his silvery pupils as he began to utter commands. She seemed to have fallen into a trance, one she could not escape.

“You will inform me of all that you know of the two individuals that set foot in your store.”

“Yes, sir. The boy purchased an Achwick Valley map from here, sir. He crushes on the girl as well. She bought some chocolate bars, sir. They probably ate those by now, it’s been long.” She said clearly dazed, her eyes glassy.

The man lifted his head and a deep sense of satisfaction began to develop within him for he had managed to achieve what he had been seeking.

“You will provide me with all the photographic evidence of the past four hours and in two minutes you will regain consciousness and you will not bear in mind anything that has occurred to you in the relevant time intervals.” He pressed on, outstretching his hand, now absolutely healed.

“Yes, sir.” She said still hypnotized as she dismantled the CCTV camera and presented him with the tape.

He rode once again; this time, he headed towards the so-called Achwick Valley, where he hoped to find his prey and bring what he had long been yearning for to an end.