Opposites Attract

Taym

Opposites Attract

Ouch.

Hauling up my now 80 kg head, I tried getting my squinting eyes to refocus and adjust to the light. I was still in the abandoned Café.

 Argh! I shook my head viciously trying to throw out as many tap dancing elephants as I could, but to no avail; instead, it only got worse.

What brought me here anyway…! I was comfortably having Chinese with my cousin then… – right… That address barged straight into my head. How long was I out! Rick’s probably going nuts right now, hacking every surveillance camera in the city. I’ve got a LOT to explain once I get back…  Being the Private Investigator he is, I’d be surprised if he didn’t show up any minute now!

What was I thinking…?

As my memory slowly made its way back into its dwelling, I tried recalling the rest of the day.

What else…? Another crappy day at school -Oh… yeah, and I quit. It was an accident but well, when you spill a dozen sticky smoothies on your boss, you’re out and I’m pretty experienced at that.

Then there was that girl again. The Hills girl.

The pain was still unbearable. I tried bringing my hands up but something stopped me. I was tied up on one of twelve chairs scattered around –Oops. I remembered what I’d done. How I threatened her. She must’ve misunderstood… - though that doesn’t matter now. She’s holding me captive for god’s sake!

I reluctantly dragged myself into consciousness, and forced my eyes open. On the chair to my right she innocently rested, awkwardly cross legged, staring intently on the chandelier above us. Her silky mahogany locks fell past her shoulders, giving way to her perfect facial features.

How can something so beautiful -so delicate, produce pain that, shockingly, didn’t send me straight under a R.I.P gravestone.

“About time!” Her voice echoed in my aggrieved head countless numbers of times, “You’ve been out for almost half an hour!”

“Seriously…” I hardly managed to mumble, “You tied me up?”

“Hey, you threatened to hang me!” She reasoned, dragging her chair up and taking a seat facing me, “Now, wouldn’t it have been a LOT easier if you just gave in from the very beginning!”

That’s for sure.

 I tried commanding the knots to untie themselves but it didn’t seem to work, the constant beating pain in my head hazed my concentration.

“Look, I’m just not a big fan of being in the top 10 list of freaks on Guinness World Records, alright? This whole mumbo-jumbo is NOT my thing, so just untie me, and I’ll be on my way – no chair cages, no hanging.” I explained difficulty.

She raised an eyebrow obviously enjoying her hopefully brief moments in control. “Anonymous person, we just got started,” She pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket and began to read out whatever was written, “First of all, what’s your name?”

She oddly reminded me of Rick, and strangely I kind of liked that. She can be pretty irritating at times, and this was definitely one of those times.

 “I don’t like answering questions.” I told her firmly.

I felt some sort of pressure in my head and it seemed to grow stronger as the smirk on her lips spread across her face. “You sure you don’t?”