Anonymous IV

Anonymous IV

A loud thud reflected off of every corner of the derelict warehouse as he banged open the door.

A girl lay in his arms, her head and legs dangling from either side.

He hastily rushed to his destination, his heartbeat and the clicking and clacking of his footsteps sharing the same rate.

He set her down onto the apparatus, and caught his breath for a moment. What he had been planning for a very long time had been finally materializing. It now entirely rested in his hands, and he was intending on executing every bit of it flawlessly.

He lurked to the back and hastily dug deep into the loosely hanging cabinet and took out a syringe he had previously prepared.

Skillfully, he dosed her with a heavy sedative in order to ensure and secure her stay in this hypnotic trance she was put in and with that he pursued the preparations.

~*~

Upon setting the last of the electric nodes on his captive’s head, he let go a tranquil sigh as he took his seat on the tattered sofa dispersing a puff of dust spreading across this dimly lit, dark corner.

He examined the contraption the electric nodes were connected to, on which a curious symbol was embedded.

He brought to mind how every time his captors would initiate the machine, he would keenly observe from behind bars, scheming vengeance at such a young age.

 He had no doubt he was getting this right for he had channeled through these dark indispensable archives of memories countless numbers of times.

As he critically set up the device, a content smile gently crept up his lips. He knew that with the girl, the rest would simply stumble into his hands without a single smidgen of effort.

He kept his eyes fixed on her unconscious physique; and calmly placed a set of electric nodes on his own head and reclined to a comfortable position.

Eyes shut hard, he cleared his thoughts.

Silence.

He concentrated harder.

Lost and faint voices echoed in the back of his head.

‘Listen to my voice and my voice only’ He commanded as he began to penetrate her thoughts and scrutinize every one of her memories ruthlessly.

‘What do you want from us?!’ Her weeps intercepted his focus and shattered a memory he had been observing.

She was hardly able to stand firm in her sedated state. Sensing her struggle reminded him of himself –back when he was on the other end.

Having collected all the necessary information he required, sweat trickling down his face, he cut off the connection and placidly got to his feet.

“Leah Hills, I assure you I mean you no harm just yet,” He remarked, intently staring into her sealed eyelids, “There are several chess pieces missing, you see. Ones this game cannot come to pass without. All I desire is bringing them into play.”