{15:Anonymous}

Anonymous
(2 days before last chapters' events)

My sneaker clad feet scraped across the freshly rained on pavement, a small amount of water splashing back on my shoes. My hands were stuffed in my jacket pockets, feeling the buzzing of my phone. With a quick attempt to pull it out, I wasn't shocked to see another random number pop up, probably another girl wanting to be friends with benefits. I sighed at the thought, deleting the number without reading the message further than the first line that started off as 'hey baby'.

I've had my fair share of wild nights with girls, some others lasting a bit longer than most. One girl in particular really shook my world and left a good impression while we dated, but not after I caught her with some other guy. Maybe I'm selfish in the way I had seen her unloyal actions, but that didn't dismiss the fact that she wasn't denying the guy that night.

With a clouded mind, I traveled up my friends' front porch steps. Jack was his name and he's been there for me through everything. I let myself in as usual, dropping my school bag near the front door. I heard a few noises coming from the kitchen, the sound of pans knocking against one another becoming slightly more audible as I peered around the corner to find my odd friend making a mess, his black hair looking as tragic as the kitchen itself.

He caught sight of me, "Zack!" he yelled over at me, accidentally dropping an egg yolk onto the counter, muttering 'shít' as he scooped it up in his hands and dumped it into the baking bowl that sat in front of him. That's so unsanitary, I thought with a grimace. I took a seat at the island where there were a few chairs lined up against it, jack continuing to experiment with food.

He had been sick for the day so he stayed home from school, I was just checking in on him, and in this moment he had wiped his nose with the back of his palm, sniffling as he resumed.

"Hey bud. How you feeling?" He looked up from mixing whatever batter he had thrown into the bowl, my eyes catching sight of egg remnants sliding down the whisk he held in his hand. I'm gonna have to remind him to wash his hands.

"I'm feeling great" he excitedly voiced, whisking a little too fast causing some of the mixture to splash out of the bowl, "Guess who called me today?"

"Who?"

"I said guess" he challenged, biting at my patience and he knew I wasn't one to think too much after coming home from school.

"The Queen of England"

"Oh shut the hell up, at least give me an educated guess" he pulled out a cupcake pan, speaking to me in an annoyed tone, I then noticed the apron tied around his waist, making me laugh at his goofy appearance, his hair making me guess with a little more accuracy.

"Your cousin?"

"Yeah, but which one"

"That's a trick question, you only have one cousin and his name is Tony"

"Damn you know me so well," He acted like he was wiping a fake tear and then he got back to work, "He called me up and he wanted to know how I was and he had some strange questions to ask me"

"Like what?" I was interested now. Tony was a good guy, when he was drunk though. He was definitely a big douche, also a total player and when he did come visit he made his cousin pamper him, which I didn't exactly approve of. I really didn't mind him all that much though, neither did jack.