{19:Downward spiral}

N

The following day I had missed school.

It was my very first time skipping a day of school throughout all my years of high school but I couldn't care less. I had woken up late with puffy eyes, a stuffy nose, and a sore body from laying on the hard ground the entire night, just a thin towel wrapped around me.

I felt weak, weaker than I had ever felt before. The pressure I felt inside my head matched the heaviness within my chest and I picked myself off the ground and placed my body in the comforts of my bed for the rest of the day.

I wallowed in my own misery, without being disturbed by anyone, not even the one person I secretly wished to be disturbed by even though I had been betrayed. My mom had checked in on me towards the evening, but she had no idea that I skipped school and I wasn't going to tell her cause she would've asked why and I just couldn't even begin to think of my multiple excuses that I would muster up.

She dismissed herself for the night, saying she needed to get some sleep because she had an early day tomorrow. With my mom fast asleep and my dad working a night shift, I had the house to myself for the night and for some reason since I've become a different person I had thrown bed times out the window, but it didn't matter to me anymore. I soon found myself wandering down the stairs to the dark kitchen in search of food.

Moments later with a handful of chips being shoved in my mouth, while my other hand held the bag, the doorbell had suddenly rang making me almost choke at the loud sound. I stopped my frantic chewing, swallowed, and tiptoed towards the door, staying hidden and wondering who the hell was at my door this late at night. As I peeked around the corner, I could see a small silhouette defined by the moonlight through the blurry glass of the door, but I knew exactly who it was. Lena.

I watched her figure sway back and forth on the doorstep, her hand knocking slightly at the wood moments later. I felt frozen as I watched her without her knowing. All the pain from last night simmered to the top again and I didn't know what to do so I just stood there. Within the next minute I saw a small illumination from her phone as she walked away from the door, I let out a loud sigh that I didn't know I was holding in and raced upstairs with my chip bag still clutched in my hand.

The moment I made it in my room my eyes directly focused on my phone that lay on the center of my bed as it lit up with a message.

Lena:
Hey what's wrong?

But I didn't act on it, I stared blankly at the screen contemplating if she really just asked me that.

Does she really not know what's wrong?

I began to get pissed, turning off my phone and throwing it onto the carpet, watching as it bounced off the carpet and onto the wooden floor. I managed a pathetic sigh. I couldn't deal with meaningless shít tonight. I crawled into bed, anger still flooding through me and I fell asleep with a scowl on my face.

-

When I woke up the next morning, I realized I hadn't set my alarm, making me late for school once again but I decided I would go today even though I had already missed a few classes. Fortunately, I missed English with Lena. I still had a fixed scowl on my face from last night when I got ready and as I rode my blue bike to school. My mood was horrid and I wished things were good, but they weren't. Not even the cool winter air brightened my mood as it most likely would've done.