Happy Hunger Games... Not

Chapter 9

I woke up and looked at the time. It was 6:30, no point in going back to sleep. I don't think I can even try to go back to sleep with the games happening in the matter of hours. I took the longest shower I could, because I probably won't bathe too much within the next two weeks. I put on a white shirt with black shorts, and put my hair in my trademark braid. I pinned the mockingjay pin that I extracted from my dress last night, and pinned it on my dress. I need all of the protection I can get. I stroked Buttercup, fed him, and left the room to get more breakfast for myself. I settled down and tried to eat the best I could. I finished my meal early, and kept sipping on water. Everyone came in to escort Haymitch and I to the Hovercraft.

"Don't make any rash decisions and look for water strait away. Don't get tempted by the Cornucopia. Make the right allies." instructed Dad

I didn't trust myself to speak, so I nodded. Dad pushed us toward the craft.

"Go on. I love you both." said Mom

We slowly made the trudge to the crafts. I mumbled a goodbye, and after an awkward hug, I left to my own craft. I sat down across from Crama, sipping on some more water again. We sat mostly in silence the whole way until the windows blacked. We were close. I shivered at the thought of being so close to a place where evil was going to be happening. We made our way off the craft and to a sort of bare prepping room with a tube to the side. That was going to bring me into the arena. I shivered and moved away from it. Crama took a box and opened it. She held up a black shirt, cargo pants, boots, and a jacket. They all looked sturdy enough, and I slipped into the clothes.

"The jacket should keep out the worst of natural weather, and the rest will keep ou cool during the day, and warm during the night." she said fastening the pin on my jacket.

I wordlessly nodded my thanks. She gave me a half simile and embraced me.

"You are my sun, little Primrose."

I hugged her back. I'm glad that I have one other friend that I can count on right now. I heard the tube call out, and I stepped in. I felt it rise above me, and I felt like I was riding an elevator. No. I thought. An elevator is more fun than this cylinder of death. I was immediately blinded by fluorescent lights, and blinked to get my eyes into focus. I saw the cornucopia, just down the hallway. I was in a building. Most of the tributes looked around in horror. I saw a banner that had the number 13 on it. We were in a living hell of the old rebel headquarters.

*******************************************************************************************

WHO LOVES THE ARENA? I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I know it is short, but is way more of a filler. I really hope to post this soon in honor of November 22nd. What comes out that day? CATCHING FIRE!!!! AHHHHHH!!! I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!! *excited fangirl scream*

~Eat_sleep_swim04