Behind

The parachute floated down onto my greedy hands. I ripped open the box. A note fell out.

The window is calling.

                             -M & D

I opened a small box that was also in the box attached to the parachute. There was a silver knife. What? I looked at the note again, and finally put two and two together. I took the knife and ran over to the window. I started to saw at the gray seal that surrounded it.

"What are you doing?" yelled Dale, as a couple more pieces of furniture rolled away.

"I'm helping us escape, so shut up! I shouted as I broke the seal on the second side.

I tuned out everything else. Come on, Prim. You have got to do this or your all dead. I thought. I kept sawing. Okay, one more side.

"There's no more furniture!" screamed Amy

I sawed the hardest I have ever sawed. I was on the last inch... CRASH! The glass fell into pieces.

"Guys! I found a way out, take your stuff and go through the opening!" I yelled

They scrambled around to reach their items. I stood at the ready with my knife. I glanced behind me, and saw Dale help Haymitch to get out of the window. He shoved his camo-bag through the opening after him. At least Haymitch is safe. I thought. The final pieces of furniture rained down. I saw Dale come up to stand by me.

"What are you doing? You're supposed to be going out the window with the others!" I yelled.

"I'm not leaving anyone behind." he said calmly.

I threw myself at him at met his lips with mine. They were salty with sweat. There was another bang on the door and we broke apart.

"Go ahead, I'll be right behind you." said Dale.

There is no point in arguing with the guy, so I went up to the window. I pulled myself up, and slithered through the window. I came out and stood up. I was in a ruin of a city. It looked like District 12 used to when I was younger. I heard a noise behind me, and saw Dale climb out of the window. I took a stone slab, and carried it over to where he was standing. I threw it on the window. Hopefully, that would keep off whatever tribute that is on the end of the door. Dale and I stood there for a minute. We ran up and hugged each other in the excitement.

"Where are the others?" he asked.

"I have no clue."

I turned around and yelled,

"YO! HAYMITCH! GET YOUR ARSE OVER HERE!"

Dale gave me this weird look. I shrugged. The pounding of footsteps met the empty ruins. Haymitch and Amy came around the corner at a full sprint.

"Hey guy-oof!"'

Haymitch slammed into me while Amy slammed  into Dale.

"We missed you."

"We were only gone for two seconds!"

"I know..."

"Get off of me!"

"Sorry."

I pushed Haymitch off of me. Then, a strange sound filled the ruins.

"What is that?" I said,

A hovercraft came down from the clouds. A ladder was released about five feet in front of us.

"Come on!" I yelled over the noise.

I went over to the ladder, and started to climb it. My fingers and hands moved up and down mechanically. The ladder gave a nasty lurch. The hovercraft was off.

"NOOO!" I heard behind me.

Haymitch was looking frantically down, where a figure was getting smaller and smaller as we gained height.

"Amy." I whispered.

********************************************************************************************

FINISHED WITH THIS BOOK! I told you guys that you would kill me for Amy's fate. I guess that the next book will appear on my profile soon enough, so bye for now! *Angry mob of Amy fans come running after me with butter knives* WAIT! LET ME WRITE A SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!

~Eat_sleep_swim04