Eight

"Where exactly is the pool?"

"Uh, floor thirty-seven? Where else would it be?"

"Thirty-Seven? How many floors are in this hotel?" Shawn asks, his mouth wide open as we walk into the elevator.

"My dude, I have no idea. I know there's a super old ballroom in floor one hundred seventeen. And I've heard of a spa up at floor two hundred twelve more than a few times. Apparently, the word on the street is that the lady with black hair gives some seriously good back massages, but I've never tested to see if the rumors were true." I reply, and Shawn shakes his head in awe.

"You've been here for a year, Nora, and not once have you ever checked to see the spa? That's a little strange, don't you think?"

"What can I say, I was a little too busy in floor 13 trying to learn new ways on how to hang myself." I whisper, a dead look on my face, which causes Shawn's eyebrows to raise. After way too long of him not replying, I shake my head.

"I'm kidding, Shawn. I just don't have the patience to get to room two hundred twelve." I say, an press the numbers three and seven on the elevator key pad.

"Alright, so this hotel can turn day into night, it can keep you alive forever, it can make doors disappear, but it can't make time on an elevator just a bit faster?"

Staring at him as the elevator door shuts, I stay quiet before simply shrugging. He had a good point.

"I just guess that it's more authentic? Or there's the real factor, y'know, when a guest comes here and goes to floor 10,  wouldn't it be just a little strange that it takes three seconds to get up there? It doesn't exactly scream 'normal'." I state. I wasn't trying to back up the hotel, but it was better he didn't get mad at this place.

"Wow, this hotel is pretty lame on the magic factor." Shawn says, and I bite my lip.

"Take it back." I warn him, and he looks at me with a concerned look on his face. I expected him to yell at me, tell me that he wouldn't take it back and spit even more insults to this hotel. But he didn't.

"Okay, I take it back. Sorry hotel." Shawn says, and I'm shocked that he listened.

"You actually took it back? That's surprising." I speak my thoughts, and he shrugs.

"Last time I didn't listen to what you told me to do I got stuck in a no-exit hotel. Can the hotel hear us or something?" He asks, and I raise an eyebrow.

"Actually, yeah. It doesn't care, to be completely honest, about anything we have to say about anyone. I could trash talk Mr.Rush for hours on end and it wouldn't do anything. But once you speak about this hotel directly, it gets a little mad. Last person I know that talked badly about the hotel and didn't say sorry in any way was Wendy."

"Who's Wendy?"

"Exactly." I tell him. Wendy was forgotten after a while. I mean, she's still in this hotel, but lost. Like, the hotel completely did a switch up and she's been wandering hallways for a few months.

"So, how long will this exactly take?" Shawn says after five or so minutes.

"Dunno." I simply tell him, and sit down on the elevator floor, waiting for it to open.

Eventually it does, and Shawn let's out a sigh of relief as he gets up. Surprisingly, he turns around to face me and extends his hand, waiting for me to grab it. I do, and he pulls me up, then both of us walking out of the elevator, and I begin to lead him to the pool.

"Why are these halls so empty?" Shawn asks, and I look around before answering.

"Ah, the best part of this floor is its emptiness. This pool was the old pool, there's a new one opened in floor five, but it's a little too crowded.  Besides the pool, there's not much in this floor, besides a balcony here that I usually go to. We can go there after we're done swimming, if you want."

"There's a balcony? What's outside even supposed to be like?" Shawn asks.

"Always the same scenario. Rain, rain, and more rain. It's so stormy that you want to go back inside to enjoy some more of this hotel, not go outside."

Finally we reach the doors of the pool, and I swing them open to find the area empty, which is great for me.

"In case your wondering how this place looks so good if we don't use it, the hotel takes care of itself. Now come on, I need to swim."

"Sounds good to me." He says, and pulls me inside of the room, causing me to feel a blast of warm air when we enter.

I take off my shirt and shorts, since I was wearing a swimsuit underneath my clothing, and set my outfit on a chair.

When I turn back around I notice Shawn was now shirtless, and even though he had the Hotel Midnight brand on his back, I was still enjoying the view.

I dip my foot in, noticing that the water was like usual. Not freezing, and not scolding.

Standing by the nine feet area, I look at Shawn and sigh, my back faced to the pool.

"So since I can't swim, I'll be at the three feet area." I lie, and Shawn nods his head. That's when I "slip" into the pool, creating a splash as I go under.

"Fuck!"

A/N: I'm hungry rn but also too lazy to get up and check the fridge u feel me?