Nineteen

Packing wasn't as simple as I thought it would be, to be completely honest. First off, I had to have Marcus sneak some apples and bread from his floor, because those two things currently weren't on the menu for room service.

Besides those two things (I had to keep my bag simple and lightweight, so lobster wasn't going to be one of my meals in floor Zero), I put two water bottles in there, along with rope (I joked about having to use it as a noose when I got there-Shawn was not amused.) and some candles. They weren't exactly easy to get, minus the water.

Then there was the distraction. No, not Mr.Rush, or them, but Shawn Mendes himself. Even though he was helping me out with getting the things I needed for my mission, he didn't do it willingly. Shawn still thought it was a bad idea for me to go alone, but wasn't going to force me into not going. Besides, if he could, I would have let him come with me. But it was my job, and my job alone. He wasn't going to distract me from my duties.

God, I just sounded like a total Lancelot wanna-be. I guess I just forgot I'm not James Bond for a second.

But anyways, Shawn was doing a lot of distracting. But then again, I doubt he even knew I was gazing at him half the time.

"Okay, so are we all done packing?" Shawn asked, and I shook my head.

"Not exactly. I still need a match box, to light my candles." I answer.

"Alright, so where do we get a match box from?"

"Um, I'm not sure you're going to agree with me going if I tell you, so I'll just go get it. You stay here, I'll be back in no time. Oh, and just in case I don't come back in ten minutes, send help for me. Seriously." I tell him, then quickly slip on shoes, ready to open the door.

However, Shawn stops me the moment both shoes are on my feet.

"No it's fine, I'd love to come along with you, thanks for asking. So where exactly are we headed to?" Shawn asks, and I take a deep breath.

"Promise you won't get mad if I tell you?" I ask, even though I know that the moment the location of the match box leaves my mouth there would be no way he'd smile.

"Nora, I promise. After all, after everything we've been through in this hotel, I doubt there's a place I wouldn't let you go to."

I shut my eyes and gulp, before taking a huge breath and answering him quickly.

"The only place match boxes are allowed would be in Mr.Rush's office so I'm going to go in there and get one okay bye thanks." I spit out, the words leaving my mouth faster than I thought they could.

"I'm coming with you."

"Don't you remember what Mr.Rush did to you last time?" I ask, in shock that he was okay with me going.

"Yeah, and I couldn't imagine him doing it to you." He says, his face solid.

"Follow me." I say after a while, and we both walk out of my hotel room.

After a while, Shawn and I reach a plain door, and I gulp in fear. Right before I can knock the door, just to check if Mr.Rush was in his office, Shawn and I both hear a voice in the hallways, and quickly back up, then hiding under the lobby desk, which thankfully, no one was currently stationed at.

"Sir, I'm telling you, Nora and that boy she's with, Sam, they both want to go into floor Zero."

"Sarah, if I have to tell you one more time, I'll personally ash you. Floor Zero doesn't exist. It's just a myth, the pot of gold." This voice I recognized completely. Mr.Rush.

"Okay sir."

"Did you tell her that the boy was a Hunter, or do I have to get someone else that isn't an absolute idiot to do it for me?" Mr.Rush asks, his voice sounded extremely pissed off. But what's new?

"Yes, I told her. She seemed to believe me as well. Sir, I think you might have to do the same thing you did to me to Nora. She's way too rebellious, we can't afford that." Sarah tells him, and my blood begins to boil. If Shawn hadn't grabbed my hand at that moment I probably would have jumped up and knocked her out. But a new question had popped into my head: What did Mr.Rush do to Sarah?

"In case you've forgotten, Sarah, I'm the manager. You? You work at the candy shop. And it wouldn't matter if I Twitched the girl or not, she'll be out of our way in two weeks, less than if we're lucky."

Ignoring Mr.Rush's comment, I notice something he said. Twitched.

Sarah was Twitched.

My eyes widen at the discovery, but from shock it turns to fear as I hear the footsteps getting closer and closer. Oh no.

"Good point, but what about the boy? He's a threat."

"The boy? I'll have people watching him for the next week or so. If he's still around that girl, then I'll take action. But I haven't seen either of them in a long time, so I doubt there's anything to worry about at the moment."

From the corner of the desk I can see Mr.Rush and Sarah's lower halves, and watch as Mr.Rush unlocks his office door.

"Now, Sarah, go back to the shop, you're still working under Hotel Midnight, so unless you want to be stuck with your old friends on one floor, I would leave."

"Yes sir, but are you going to get anyone to clean up the candy shop after what happened last night? I'm not sure if the new visitors that came today will enjoy the mess." Sarah says, acting as if her job was higher than everyone else's is.

However, at the word 'mess', Mr.Rush quickly walks away from his door and speed walks with Sarah to take care of whatever happened at the candy shop, leaving the door unprotected and unlocked.

Smiling, I look at Shawn before both of us get out from underneath the lobby desk, and rush over to the door.

Time to get some matches.

A/N I HAVE UPDATED GUYS, ITS ALL GOOD.

Btw, yesterday I went to a Melanie MartiNEZ CONCERT AND IT WAS AMAZING, I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT.