Twenty-Eight

"Where's the most common place the Hotel takes you when you talk badly about it?"

"Um, depends on how bad the trash talk was. I've heard rumors of one girl stuck on floor 666, which sounds just as bad as it is."

"Floor 666? This hotel actually has a floor 666?" Shawn says, amused, and I can't help but roll my eyes at him.

"What did you expect?" I ask, and watch as he shrugs before replying.

"Well, I don't know. Floor 666 seems more like a Hotel Haunted kind of thing, don't you think?"

"Hotel Haunted? Who's that, Hotel Midnight's brother?" I ask jokingly,

"Hey, everyone's got to have a family tree." Shawn says in defense, and I laugh at how cheesy he's currently being before looking around the lobby.

The whole place was completely empty, probably due to the fact that everyone was having a party now that Mr.Rush was gone. Of course, this was all being hosted by Sam, because what's a party at Hotel Midnight without him?

However Shawn and I were currently seated on the bench in the lobby, one of his arms around my shoulders as his hand was playing with mine.

"Have we ever been on a date?" I suddenly blurt out before thinking, my cheeks instantly turning into a shade of red.

Shawn however, raises an eyebrow, looking as if he had been spaced out before I spoke again, and just regained focus.

"Say again?"

"Never mind, it's stupid." I say quickly, but Shawn only seems more interested in what I had said before.

"Now I need to know." He tells me, and I take a deep breath before finally telling him.

"I was just thinking if we had ever been on an actual date. Yes, I know, laugh all you want, but it was just a random thought that came to me, so let's go ahead and switch the subject." I say, not wanting to make eye contact with him.

Shawn is silent for a moment before looking at me and speaking.

"Do you want to go to the party tonight?" Shawn asks, referring to the midnight party that we would always have when there was a new guest. There was no new guest, and no Mr.Rush to make us go anymore, but we decided to have one final one, since it was such a ritual to everyone here.

"Don't just say that because I spoke about the whole date thing." I said to him.

"Nora, there's no one else that I would rather go with, I'm being honest. And it'll be our last night here, so why not go where it started?"

"It actually started when you bumped into me in the halls, but whatever. And by the way our income on new people is going, it looks like it'll be my last night, not yours." I tell Shawn, and he groans at my negativity.

"Don't say that."

"And why not?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Because I'll be stuck here by myself, and I won't be able to do this." He says, and plants a kiss on my cheek, which is not what I was expecting.

"Or this." He tells me, and when I turn to him I'm greeted by his lips, which quickly press against mine.

After a short (and pretty enjoyable) make out session, I find myself just staring into his eyes, no words coming out of either of our mouths until after a while, Shawn begins to speak.

"I'm definitely going to be missing this for a while." He admits, and I roll my eyes and kiss his cheek.

"How, exactly, are you going to miss it if you won't remember it?" I ask him.

"You already know I won't be forgetting a single bit of any of this." He says to me.

"Right, of course. How could I forget?" I say, remembering on how stubborn he was being on remembering all of this.

"Hey, has the face paint spread any more?" I ask Shawn, trying to change the subject. I was very interested on my current facial status.

"The good news is, half your face is currently untouched. But even with your tattoo, you're still beautiful." He says, and once again I find myself rolling my eyes on how cheesy he was being right now.

"I'm not even drop dead gorgeous." I tell him jokingly, and he smirks.

"But you kill me anyways." (download like this on iTunes)

"Shawn, sometimes you say the kind of stuff that makes me want to kiss you a million times." I tell him, and watch as he shrugs.

"I think I deserve just a little bit more than a million." He says, giving me a playful wink.

"But only just a little bit." I reply, but before we can start the million plus, we're interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Well it's about time you two got together." I recognize the voice instantly, and say hello.

"Hey, Sam. Going to the party tonight?"

"Wouldn't miss it, I'm about to start getting ready too, just decided to check on where you were first." He says, and although he didn't directly say it to my face, I knew that he was only checking for me to see if I had vanished into thin air yet or not.

"How considerate. I guess we should probably be getting ready too, wouldn't want to miss this party. Are we still dressing all fancy?" I ask him, and he answers like it's obvious.

"Of course. What else would we wear at such an exquisite party?" Sam says, and I nod my head.

"You're totally right. I'll see you at the ball, then." I tell him, and wave as he walks away.

"I don't even think I own a suit here." Shawn tells me, and I laugh.

"I'm sure the Hotel will put one in your wardrobe for you." I say.

"Are you going to go get ready?" Shawn asks when I turn, obviously disappointed about the million plus he never received.

"Of course, the ball awaits!" I tell him, and flip my hair dramatically.

"Me being the prince, I should probably go get ready too. The ball is held for me, after all."

"To find your princess?" I ask him, wondering if we were reciting Cinderella. His response however, makes my heart melt.

"I've already found her."

Yeah boyyyyyyyyyyyy

also all this clown talk is scaring me like nope