Twenty-Seven

"Nora!"

"Nora, please open the door."

"If you don't open the door, I'm kicking it down!"

Shawn had been standing in front of my hotel room door for the past five minutes, knocking on it and telling me every minute or so that he would bust the door open if I didn't come out.

"Okay, knock once if you're conscious." He says after a while, and I find myself debating on whether or whether not I would knock. Finally, I come to a conclusion and knock the door. I didn't have to get up or anything, I was seated with my back against the door.

"Nora, I need you to know I'm extremely talented in unlocking doors, and if I have to use my skills I will. So please, open the door."

I take a moment of decision while sitting on the floor, before slowly getting up and twisting the doorknob. I pull the door open little by little, viewing Shawn's relieved face.

Instantly, he walks in and shuts the door, engulfing me in a hug. He had a faint smell of cologne that made me want to hold on to him forever, but I let go of Shawn and stepped back, my face painted with hurt.

"Oh my God, Nora. What happened to you?" He whispers, putting a gentle hand on my cheek before I pull it off. It took me a moment to realize he was talking about my new tattoo that kept growing.

"I'm fine. Or at least, I will be soon."

"Listen, Nora, we should wait in the lobby, in case we see any new guests." Shawn says, and I shrug.

"We won't be able to bring your girlfriend. Unless it's too late and I'm gone before the door appears. Then you can take her."

"Girlfriend? What? Nora, what are you talking about?"

"The girl you were with at Sam's party?" I say, like it should be obvious.

"Sam's party? What party?"

"Oh my God, Shawn, stop being so stupid. I saw you there, you don't need to pretend, alright?" I say, getting ticked off.

"I didn't go to the party, Nora. I wouldn't be having a blast when you're two weeks are..." Shawn trails off, not being able to finish his sentence.

"So then who was at the party? Do you have a twin?"

Just then, I hear a knock on the door, and walk over to it slowly. Shawn backs up, not wanting to get hit by the door as I open it, shocked by who I see.

"Hey, babe, can we talk?"

"Shawn?!"

I was in shock. In front of my eyes was a total duplicate of Shawn, staring right at me.

"Listen, what you saw at the party, she meant nothing to me. It's us, that's all there is in my eyes." He says, and I grip the door a little tighter.

"There is no us, Shawn, what are you talking about?" I say cautiously, and watch as he reaches his arm towards me, only to back away quickly.

"Can we at least talk about this?" He asks, and I nod my head.

"Meet me in floor 900, room 17, in twenty minutes. I know it's a little long and everything, but I have to tell you some serious things. And it's worth the wait, after all." I say, winking at him. He stands still for a while before smirking, and nodding his head.

"Yeah, see you then." He says, then walking away as I shut the door.

"What was that?" Shawn asks, and I take a deep breath before answering.

"A Hunter. The really strong ones can sometimes change into someone who, uh..." I say, not wanting to finish my sentence.

"Who what?" Shawn asks, and I feel my cheeks begin to burn.

"Who, um, are important and really mean something to the Chosen." I whisper, staring at the floor.

Shawn begins to walk closer to me, but my eyes don't loose eye contact with the floor when he does.

"Nora?"

"Yeah?" I ask, looking up to face him. And at that moment he leans in, pressing his lips against mine. Instantly I kiss back, melting into him, as one of his hands begin to comb through my hair slowly.

It was over way too soon, and Shawn smirks at me, as I give him a grin.

"I've been waiting way too long to get to do that again." Shawn admits, and I laugh.

"It's been two weeks." I tell him, and he shrugs.

"Two weeks too long." He says, and I roll my eyes at him playfully.

Once we're seated on the bed, we begin to talk about everything that's happened in the past two weeks, with me being at floor Zero and Shawn being up here with Mr.Rush.

"Now just wait until he comes over and sees that you're back." Shawn says, groaning.

"About that. One minor thing I forgot to mention." I say, not knowing how to word this without Shawn being extremely shocked.

"What?" He asks, waiting for me to continue. I pause for a moment, then finally decide on spitting it out and telling him plain simple.

"Uh, Mr.Rush is kind of trapped in floor Zero."

"Wait, repeat again?" Shawn asks, his eyes wide.

"Um, well when Cora got free, she put Mr.Rush in her place, so yeah." I say, giving him a sheepish smile.

"And of course, this being such a minor detail, you skip over it when telling the story." Shawn mocks, and I shrug.

"It's not that important anyways." I retort, and Shawn makes eye contact with me, but before he can fire back he stops, his mouth wide open.

"What?" I ask, concerned on why he was looking at me.

"Your, uh, thing is spreading." He tells me, pointing to my temple. Instinctively I reach to it, then getting up to check a mirror.

Shawn was right. It was no longer small, but instead much larger, which scared me a lot.

"Shawn?" I say, hoping I didn't sound as scared as I currently was before continuing to speak.

"I think we better go wait at the lobby for someone new to arrive."

FUCKDISHUUSUCUSHFJDJD ILLUMINATE HAS ME IN ANOTHER DIMENSION RIGHT NOW DHEJFH LIKE NO JOKE IF UOU WANNA FANGIRL WITH ME RN HMU ON IG (smilemendes) IM SERIOUSLY YODELING RIGHT NOW

HONEST IS SO CATCHY WTF