Ch.5: Actions Speak Louder than Words

Recap: To play the role of bandits, it's necessary to let surrounding villages know that the gang were bandits. If they're 'bad' and give the villages no choice but to obey their group, they'll have to say it was their fault when the officers say something about it.

-Fire Tribe Village-After Ambush-
Y/N hissed as Yoon gently removed the bandage from her wing, flinching as she felt the fresh air on the wound.
"Can you get the anti-bacterial grinds I made?" Yoon asked Akio. Nodding, the silver haired male got up and went to where Yoon left his satchel. "You can't keep this up, or else your wing will never heal." Yoon scolded Y/N.
"I can't help it." Y/N huffed, puffing out her cheeks into a childish pout.
Akio quickly came back into the bedroom, the three had borrowed a villager's hut to tend to Y/N's wound, which Yoon took and applied to the newly blood-free wing.
"If this keeps up, I'm putting you on probation from ambushes." Yoon stated after wrapping the bandages on the wound.
"Fine. Thanks for your concern." Y/N, bitterly, stated as she stood and put her cloak on. Without a second glance at her twin or friend, she stomped out of the hut.
"Y/N!" Pausing, Y/N released a sigh and glanced at Yona with a blank expression. "Can I ask for a favor?" Asked the red head.
Y/N blinked blankly, before placing her hands on her hips. "Depends."
"Can you teach me how to use a sword?!" Yona squeaked out, using the biggest pair of puppy eyes as she held her hands together pleadingly.
"Why not ask Kimoi-kun?" Y/N asked blandly.
"Hak said no, and that it'd be too dangerous." Yona pouted.
"Sure."
"Huh?" Yona stared at Y/N's simple response in shock.
"I said sure. If it pisses off that giant, I'll take the chance." Sweatdropping at the female dragon's reasoning, Yona could only nod.

____Quick Time Skip___
"Shin-ah!" Y/N exclaimed, pulling Yona with her in the direction of the Blue Dragon. "Fight me." The (H/C) childishly stated. (A: Sounds like something my Sinpai would say. F8 me m8.)
Shin-ah stared at Y/N, as if processing what she had just said. Then he shook his head back and forth quickly.
Huffing, the (H/C) rolled her silver eyes and held up a plate. "What if I gave you my famous homemade pumpkin cookies?" She offered.
Shin-ah regrettably glanced at Ao who was passed out on his shoulder just seconds before, but was now staring at the cookie filled plate with a hungry gleam.
Y/N grinned as her and Yona highfived.

____Quick Time Skip____
The trio were on the outskirts of the village that they were currently at. Yona and Ao were sitting on a log, while Shin-ah and Y/N stood on different sides of the small space.
Y/N eyed Shin-ah for any openings, keeping her own sword in front of her incase she needed to block. She had promised the Blue Dragon she wouldn't use her wings at all, to keep it a fair fight, but it wasn't exactly fair when he seemed to be more experienced then her in this forté.
Finally seeing an opening, Y/N ran at Shin-ah and tried to strike, only for metal to immediately strike metal as he easily blocked her.
Gritting her teeth together, the two continuously blocked each other, a spark seeming to grow every time the two swords hit.
Yona, from the sidelines, eyed the twos strength in awe. She felt as if their speed and strength could outbeat Hak's, especially Y/N's as she pressed down on Shin-ah's sword which caused his knees to buckle. Though he immediately pressed back, causing Y/N to stumble backwards.
Y/N panted, and threw off her cloak, and tossed it at the log where it landed ontop of Ao. She had kept her wings pressed against her back, to prove she wasn't going to use them, though Yona and Shin-ah immediately noticed the new bandage that was slightly red.
"Shin-ah." Looking at the (H/C), he was shocked to see the kind smile that graced her lips and the hard stare she was sending him through her silver eyes. "Don't go easy on me."
Nodding hesitantly, Shin-ah quickly ran up and clashed his sword against hers once more. He didn't want to hurt her further, especially after what he had accidentally overheard Yoon tell her earlier. But if she was so focused on showing what she could do, he couldn't help but to want to see how much she could actually do.
By the time the sun was just below the horizon, the sky was painted in oranges and blues. Not that the trio noticed as the three were too into the battle. But Y/N and Shin-ah both knew that this had to end soon, and neither wanted to lose, so the fight began to get more intense.
Nose to nose, the two seemed to stare each other down -well Y/N tried, she couldn't really see his eyes behind his mask-. Gasping in surprise, Y/N fell onto the ground as Shin-ah tripped her. Groaning in slight pain from her ripped wing, she froze as she felt the point of Shin-ah's sword at her chest.
"Good job." Y/N panted, letting Shin-ah help her back to standing.
"That was so close, Y/N!" Yona excitedly stated as she raced up to the two sweaty figures, holding Y/N's cloak. "Your wing!" She then gasped.
Y/N and Shin-ah glanced at her already ripped wing, which was already dripping with blood.
Yona and Shin-ah were both surprised as Y/N began to laugh. "That was a great battle, you're a worthy opponent, Blue Dragon!" She grinned, taking the cloak from Yona. "I'm fine, I promise! The bandage just came loose." She then assured. "I've never felt better, honestly." She embarrassedly smiled.
"I'm glad." Yona sighed in relief.
"Yona-hime, I think Yoon is making (F/Food) tonight, do you mind reserving some for me while I get cleaned up here?" Y/N asked, putting her cloak on a tree branch, before going to her satchel and pulling out gauze.
"I'm on it!" Yona grinned, and rushed down the path happily, knowing she could be of some help.
Shin-ah, awkwardly watched as Y/N undid the loosened the bandages and tossed them to the side, before pulling a canteen out of her satchel and rinsing the blood that covered her wing.
"I promise I don't bite." Y/N stated, screwing the top onto the canteen when she finished. "You didn't do this, this is how my wings heal." She sighed, noticing his unease.
"How-?" Shin-ah asked.
"Don't tell Yoon, but when my wings bleed it's just the wing healing, like a bucks antlers." She stated. Shin-ah gave her a blank stare. "Right, you don't know about that." She awkwardly chuckled. "When male deer fight, the bones on the top of their heads usually...er...come off. They regrow, though, and the bone is really fuzzy. So they scrape them against trees to make them hard. Though it's still bone, so the antlers tend to get a bit bloody." She told him, wrapping the new bandages on her wing. "My wing just bleeds a lot because I use it, but it's because I use it that it heals."
Shin-ah slowly nodded in understandment. "Can I see?"
Y/N stared at Shin-ah in surprise, before nodding. She unfolded both wings and stretched them out so that they were twice as long as her arms. The silver scales glimmered in the moonlight, as well as the silver, blade like lining.
"Pretty." Shin-ah muttered as he observed her wings.
A pink hue covered Y/N's cheeks as she quickly folded them back. "Thanks." She awkwardly coughed. "We better get to the village, or else Akio will send a search party." She stated, expression sympathetic as she packed up the supplies and then slipped on her cloak.
Shin-ah nodded and went to pick up Ao and his promised reward, only to freeze.
"Piku~" Ao snored as he slept next to the empty plate.
Giggling at Shin-ah's crestfallen expression, Y/N smiled and wrapped an arm over his shoulders, forcing him to bend to her height. "Don't worry Blue Dragon, I'll make you your own batch." She said, smiling more at the excited expression on his face.
These boys are surely going to kill me.

(A/N: Gosh I don't know if the whole wing thing makes since and I apologize. Basically what's being said is that her wing is only bleeding because it's healing, not because it keeps reopening like Yoon thinks it is.)