Ch.21: Back to Business

Early the next morning, Yoon and Y/N had gotten the map with the different destinations for the plant that Keiji had mentioned would grow well in the Fire Tribe.

The duo stared at the different destinations, pointing out what would be wrong in each area, before they finally came up with a decision.

"I know this is sudden but, I will announce our next destination." The two stood at the end of the table that the bunch and the L/N family were sitting at. "I want to go to the Kai Empire for a little while." Yoon continued once gathering their group's attention.

"We're going to the Kai Empire?" Yona curiously questioned.

"That's what we thought would be the best area to look." Y/N nodded her head.

"Are you both serious? That's an enemy empire!" Akio exclaimed. "It's not like you guys. You're both usually very cautious, why Kai?" The older twin questioned.

"We are cautious. But the plant that Keiji-san had talked about would be plentiful, compared to any of the markets or merchants he had offered. This isn't just a passing interest." Yoon insisted.

"Isn't it dangerous for the princess, though?" Nagisa suddenly spoke up with a pouty expression as she suddenly glomped Yona, only to be kicked away by Y/N.

"Yeah, that's why we were hesitating. We already stand out as it is..." Yoon murmured while cupping his chin. "That's why Yona and the Thunder Beast can wait at Ik-soo's place. Now if only Jaeha or Kija came..." The youngest male murmured.

"What about Zeno?!" The blond dragon chirped.

"You're going for the sake of Kouka, right? I'm going if you've already decided, Yoon." Yona declared.

"That's what I thought you'd say." Y/N couldn't help but to grin, accepting the pouch of coins that Yoon handed over to her with a huff.

"Yona-hime is so strong, isn't she?" Akio grinned as he whispered to his three younger siblings, who nodded their heads in eager agreement as the red haired princess stayed oblivious.

"Well then, let's go to the Kai Empire." Yoon declared.

___Quick Time Skip___

Y/N was sitting on the floor of one of the rooms, a nursery, as she bounced Otoya up and down on her knees. She giggled as the brown haired infant made grabby hands towards her hair that she had purposefully pulled back.

"Oi, Y/N, we gotta get going." The sudden voice of the black haired thunder beast caused the (H/C) to glance up, before she sighed.

"Now?" The female pouted, shifting Otoya in her arms so that the baby was resting it's head against her shoulder as she gently patted it's back.

"Afraid so." Jaeha smiled sadly as he stood with the other dragon descendants who had been searching for the female as soon as breakfast had ended.

"Well, maybe we can wait a few minutes!" Zeno cheered, quickly entering the room and sitting across from Y/N. "Can I hold him?" He questioned, eagerly staring at the baby who had turned it's head to stare at the colorful male.

"Yeah, of course." Y/N agreed, gently handing over Otoya and instructing the blond how to hold it.

Eventually the others began to appear in the room, sitting in a circle. Kija and Jaeha cooed at the baby with Zeno, while Shin-ah awkwardly sat beside Y/N, and Hak leaned against the crib.

"You act as if you don't like children, Kimoi-kun." Y/N spoke to the dark haired male, grinning a bit in amusement as Zeno placed the tiny human in the tensed up Shin-ah's arms and gave him the same instructions that Y/N had given to him.

"I like them to an extent." Hak simply said, shrugging his shoulders as he watched the interaction of four completely different males with the baby. "It's more so that children don't like me." He declared.

"Liar, Tae-yeon adores you." Y/N insisted. "He talks about you all the time when Akio and I visit." She smirked.

"Siblings are supposed to be embarrassing like that, aren't they?" Hak retorted.

"Just come and join us, Kimoi-kun!" Rather than agree, as the female much wanted to do so, she ushered him to join the group.

Hak groaned and rolled his eyes, before he complied by sitting on the (H/C)'s other side.

--Meanwhile--

"Where are the others? Y/N can't really have disappeared so suddenly." Yoon scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest as the three remaining members of the bunch stood outside the Gin Dragon house.

"Maybe they're all playing hide-and-seek now." Yona offered with a wry grin, which caused Yoon to groan.

"I can't handle the stress that you people cause me." The young male declared. "Akio, do you know where they could be?" Yoon questioned the silver haired male.

"Well, they might be in the nursery. Y/N usually tells Otoya goodbye before we have to go on our routes." Akio offered in an attempt to appease the aggravated shorter male.

"Good enough for me, let's go." Yoon declared, marching back into the building.

Yona and Akio glanced at each other, grinning in an awkward manner, before they rushed after the youngest member of their team.

When the three got to the doorway of the nursery, they paused and grinned at the sight.

The brown haired boy was grasping at the horns on Shin-ah's mask, the blue dragon as stiff as a board as if knowing if he pulled the child away his mask would come off. Jaeha was cheering on Otoya while Zeno laughed and Kija looked to be attempting to persuade Otoya that he should respect Shin-ah's wishes on keeping his mask on -which only received a happy gurgle from the amused baby-. Meanwhile, Y/N was attempting to assure Shin-ah that everything would be alright as she attempted to unclasp Otoya's tiny fingers from the headpiece and shouting at a very amused Hak that he wasn't helping when he made simple comments about how she should do so.