Legend 12: Putting an End to the War

Lord Tae-jun, if you find yourself in danger, please use this. When it's shot we'll launch an attack on Katan Village.

With widened eyes, Tae-jun tried to run away from the campfire, only to be tripped by Hak's staff.
"Signalling to your allies, huh?" Hak growled, pinning Tae-jun to the ground.
"You can't kill him!" Yoon insisted. "If you're a spy, I have some questions." Yoon said.

~*~
"What's wrong, Shin-ah?" Y/N questioned worriedly as she watched Shin-ah quickly sit.
"The sky...just lit up." Shin-ah answered, peeking out the entrance of the tent.
"You can see the sky lighting up when you're in a tent?" Kija, sitting beside Y/N, asked.
"Shin-ah?" Yona, who had been walking towards the tent, asked in confusion.
"Soldiers..." Shin-ah murmured as he looked past the red haired female. "Many soldiers, heading this way." He said.

___Quick Time Skip___
"Hak! Yoon! Come quick, it's an emergency!" Yona cried out as herself and Y/N rushed to where Hak was supposed to be keeping watch over the village.
"Oh, it's soup guy." Y/N deadpanned at the sight of the gray haired male who was crouched into a bowing position, where the two females could hear sniffeling coming from.
"Who are you? Please raise your head." Yona said, tone obvious that she was concerned. "Hak, who is that?" Yona worriedly questioned Hak when the male wouldn't do as she asked.
"The second son of the Fire Chief, Lord Kan Tae-jun." Hak answered.
"What?" Yona asked in surprise.
"The bastard who pushed you guys off of a cliff?!" Y/N, blank expression turning to one of ferocity, shouted.
"This person shot up a flare to call the soldiers. But he's also saying that shooting the flare was a mistake and that's why he wants to be released. It's to tell the soldiers to stop." Yoon explained as the rest of the Happy Hungry Bunch showed up.
"How ridiculous! Normally you would've had your head chopped off by now!" Kija exclaimed.
"I...I know that...I know that asking you to understand is ridiculous, but, among the soldiers that are currently surrounding the village, there are bound to be a few that recognize the princess. If that many troops report it at once, they'll have to report it!" Tae-jun exclaimed. "My...My father will find out that you are alive!" He said.
"Wouldn't you be the first one to report it?!" Akio questioned, his expression matched that of his twin sister's.
"I will not report it to anyone!" Tae-jun promised.
"You mean to tell us that you would betray your own clan?" Hak asked, his expression showing of mock belief. "How are we supposed to believe that?"
"I...I don't know, but I am going to stop the soldiers, and then...If for some reason I cannot keep my promise, no...Even if you think I am suspicious at all, please kill me!" Tae-jun shouted, going back to his bowing position. "If it's you, then I don't care if I am killed!" He stated.
It was quiet, other than the hoot of an owl or the chirp of a cricket, until Yona spoke up. "Why? You damaged Capital Fuuga, and even tried to kill Hak...why are you saying these things now?" Yona asked. "Life your head. Look into my eyes and tell me."
Slowly, Tae-jun lifted his head, which was covered in tears and snot.
"What a man." Y/N murmured, placing her hand over her mouth as if to hide a laugh or a bit of throwup that threatened to escape her throat.
"I'm...I'm so sorry...My vision is distorted. I-I don't know where your eyes are...Princess. I don't know why I'm saying these things, or why I'm doing these things. I'm so confused. It's just that...I'm so fortunate for a sinful person like me to once again, be talking to you like this. I can't help but to feel...so fortunate!" He exclaimed. "Thank you so much for being alive! Thank you!"
"Pfft..." Yona tried stifling her giggles.
"Princess." Hak spoke up, looking as shocked as the rest of the group.
"Haha, sorry, Hak. Can we relaease him?" Yona smiled.
"Does it matter what I say?" Hak scoffed.
"Tae-jun, we'll release you." Yona stated. "Your troops are already in our line of sight. If they continue forward, there will be casualties even among the villagers. If it comes to that, we will have to...crush the soldiers with all of our strength." She told him. "This does not exclude you, since you are the leader of our enemy. If you don't fulfill your promise and the villagers get hurt, I will shoot you without mercy." Yona stated, turning her back to the older male. "If you are prepared for that, go and stop them with all of your might!"
"What's that sound?" Yoon questioned, hearing a steady beat grow louder as the fires from the army got closer.
"A warning march." Hak answered.
"Bring it on, then." Kija stated with a short 'hmph' afterwards.
"D-don't worry, Princess! I'm going to stop them right now!" Tae-jun exclaimed.
Yona smiled at the male. "Yes. I'll be watching you. Show me that you're serious." She told him.
"What's wrong, Shin-ah?" Kija questioned the blue dragon, noticing something was off about him.
"Fire arrows." Shin-ah answered.
"What!?" Akio shouted.
"Princess, stand back!" Y/N instructed, while everyone stood protectively in front of the red haired female.
"Princess! Thank you for believeing in me!" Tae-jun smiled at the young princess, before running in the direction of the army.

___Quick Time Skip___
"They're going back." Shin-ah said after awhile as the group stood infront of the village, ready for any battle that might occur.
"They left. Will that man really be alright?" Kija asked.
"Perhaps." Y/N shrugged her shoulders.