Ch.20: Not So Strong

It seemed to have become suddenly hushed amongst everyone, the dragons staring at the table in front of them while the whole clan stared at them.
"It obviously didn't end up like that, though, Keiji-oji." Y/N stated, seeming to be the only one unaffected by this new information. "She married a merchant man." She added, twirling a strand of her (H/C) hair, as if to prove her point of not being connected to any of her new friends.
"That is true." Keiji nodded his head as everyone put their attention on him once more. "And so the price has been unpaid for, causing our people to suffer until the Gin dragon marries one of the other dragon descendents." Y/N's hands tightened into fists as she could feel the type of looks she was suddenly being given, a heavy weight being placed onto her shoulders.
"So then, is our N/N going to marry one of these handsome guys? Is that why she never had a fiance? She's been waiting for this moment?" Nagisa grinned, speaking up as a devilish look crossed her pure features. "You're the one who's going to save all of us, aren't you?" She asked Y/N.
Excited whispers once more went throughout the clans members.
"Y/N...?" Riko murmured from his seat by the female's side, a look of sympathy in his eyes, but also the hint of hopefulness.
Everyone was immediately silenced by the (H/C) banging her fists onto the table. "Who cares what a stupid story says?! I am my own person, and I will create my own fate! I will not marry anyone just to save people who could care less about my own needs and wants!" She shouted, before running away from the glow of the lantern lights, and the shouts of desperation from her friends.

___Quick Time Skip___
"Akio said you'd be up here." Jaeha said as he landed on the window sill to the highest floor of the Gin dragon building. When not getting a response, he sighed and sat beside Y/N on the ground near the barred door she was leaning against. "Everyone's looking for you." He told her after a moments of silence between them both.
"By 'everyone', I'm sure you mean you and our friends. The members of my clan could care less about where I could've gone." She bitterly stated, her arms curled around her knees that were brought up to her chest. It was then that Jaeha had noticed she had changed into a different kimono. This one was a pearl white, closely matching the white blade-like structure of her wings, and a pink sakura design. Unlike the other one she wore, this one was more suited for staying in a house, rather then trying to look presentable for strangers.
So she knew there was going to be a party, despite her acting upset that her stepmother had done so when she asked for her not to. Jaeha realized.
"That's not true, you have your family, like Keiji, and your siblings. That guy you were dancing with earlier has been looking for you as well. Well, until he got exhausted and had to go home." Jaeha winced at the rememberance of how Riko had collapsed two hours within their search of the female. They seemed close, maybe he shouldn't have mentioned that.
"I'm not sorry. Not for what I did." Y/N told him, coldly.
"You said something back there that caught my attention, and you had mentioned it earlier today, that this place had treated you wrongly. Can I ask, what happened?" Jaeha hesitantly asked her, worried she might fly off with how her wings were already exposed, revealing how she had gotten into the room since the door was sealed shut on the outside when he and Akio had checked it.
He noticed the way that she seemed to be glaring at the ground, as if she were remembering all that had happened to her and it was slowly rebraking her on the inside. "You don't have to tell me." He then added. "It's just...I've been treated badly, as well. My clan treated me and the Green dragon before me like we were nuisances, mistakes, and would constantly try to keep us contained. No matter how hard I tried, I could never get away from them." He told her, a dark look of rememberance on his face as he spoke.
Y/N watched him, a look of shock on her face, before she frowned, burying her face into her knees. "But you eventually got away, and found Auntie Gi-gang." She said. "Right?"
"Yeah. It took a while to actually convince her to let me join her crew, but when I did, well, the rest is history." He said, smiling at her softly.
Y/N sighed and shifted, her wings folding neatly against her back once more. "You'll be the only one outside of my clan who knows this, so please keep it from the others. At least, until I'm ready to tell them." She told him, in which Jaeha eagerly nodded his head in agreement. "My mother was dying from a disease that a lot of the women in my clan have, and was said to die before Akio and I were to be born. So she forced the elders to do whatever they could for Akio and I to live. But, the elders are sticklers who believed in perfection and fables. Akio and I were two halves of a whole, and they did not like that at all. They decided that since I was the second to be born, that I was not meant to be born. That Akio was supposed to be the Gin dragon and that I was never supposed to exist. So, they hid me away in here." She then gestured to the room, causing Jaeha to look around for the first time since he had entered.
In the far corner, away from the window, was a rickety wooden bedframe, layered in dust as if it hadn't been used for a long time, and underneath the window was a toppled stool that he had barely missed when he had jumped in. Near the crib was where he could see shackles hammered into the wall, causing his jaw to tense.
"My father was never around for the first eight years of my life, supposingly devastated about my mother's death, and the same for Keiji-oji. I was forced to live in here for six years." She stated, clenching her hands into the fabric of her outift. "I never saw anyone, just the hand that would slip food in through the door hatch. Not until I met Akio." A forced smile crossed Y/N's features.