19

song//a trophy fathers trophy son-sleeping with sirens

10:00 PM

aria had told the boys that she should really head back to her hotel. she would've totally forgotten about it if her sister hadn't texted her. well, she wouldn't have forgotten. she would've just never went back by choice. luke offered to walk aria to her hotel and up to her room, but she declined after seeing michael's eyes slowly shift down to stare at the floor in hurt.

of course luke thought nothing of it because aria has always been the person to do things herself. without troubling others.

not wanting to find her keycard, aria knocked on the door lightly three times. she looked down and chipped her worn off black nail polish while trying to keep her eyes open, she wanted to sleep in her own bed. maybe luke's bed again if she's being honest.

aria heard the sharp squeak of the doors that pierced through her ears every time they were opened. without looking up, aria lazily said hi, nothing to follow with the greeting.

"sabrina, will you move so i can get in?" she said, still feeling her presence set straight in front of her. aria finally looked up and opened her mouth, but was still thinking of what to say. "sorry, i thought this was my-" before aria could finish her assumption that she went to the wrong hotel room, sabrina approached aria, staying behind the lady who opened the door.

"what is going on?" aria breathed heavily and slowly admiring all the features of the small framed blonde in front of her.

"aria," sabrina looked at the blonde with approval, continuing after she shook her head with a small smile "this is your mom," sabrina lightly tapped her shoulder and pulled aria inside. guiding her to the couch and seating her in the middle seat. "she is going to be here for the rest of our trip and we are going to spend some time bonding tomorrow. together...as a family,"

the funny thing was how sabrina said each word slowly and clearly, knowing it would affect aria. instead of just saying they would talk for a bit, she had to go on to speak about acting like a family. she knew aria was going to be uncomfortable, but that didn't stop her. those words probably wouldn't mean much to a girl her age, actually. it should be a normal thing.

aria wished she had had a different reaction. something like the one she had planned out in her head. why does nothing ever work out like she planned. every single little detail went into that plan and now she's on a couch that people could've had sex on staring blankly at this lady who didn't apologize for leaving.

"we are not a family," aria swiftly looked anywhere but at the two adults sitting at either side of her.

"oh honey, ye-"

"no! you left me, my family for thirteen years! i wouldn't have been able to figure that so quick normally, but it's a good thing i'm constantly counting up how many days you have left me. my mother figure just dropped me and the rest of her kids like we were nothing. nothing!" aria stopped talking for just a little bit, but they seemed to be waiting for her to speak again.

"now you want to just want to be here and claim we're family. you haven't even said a simple sorry. you can't just waltz the fuck-"

"aria, that is enough. i'm sick of you always using the victim card. this is your fault, why did you do that? you hurt me," sabrina mimicked her.

"you hurt yourself, aria. you always hurt yourself. if you think you know what hurt is, just wait. i'll show you what hurt it. i really don't think you would want that. you're spending vacation in your hotel room, go!" sabrina spoke up for her mom.