The Birthday Girl

Chris-
I bit my mom. I bit my mom. I bit my mom. The women that gave birth to me, who taught me to do what my heart told me. That when every thing seemed gloomy that if I followed my heart that everything would be ok.

Now I may be just the death of her.

>>>>

I stealthily climbed in my old bedroom window and into my room shocked to see it left the way I had left it months ago. I had a crossbow laying on my desk with five arrows neatly besides it.
My favorite knife lay on my bedside table besides my belt I faced off the alpha with.

I smiled at the picture that laid beside it as I picked it up in my hands. I was kissing Lydia's cheek while she was smiling sweetly and taking a photo. She had demanded I take it and I keep it. She took that photo he night before we where trapped in school the night before I was bit and everything changed.

I didn't even recognize the me in the picture. My hair had grown a bit shaggier and I had a Derek looking beard going. Why did I have to get bit, why did I have to loose Lydia, why did I have to bite my mom.

I set the picture down with a sigh and sat on my bed. Nothing would be the same anymore not after tonight. Allison would hate me for causing moms death and my dad would end me. Gerald would have a valid reason to kill me and I don't even know if I would stop it.

A tear fell off my face and a few more followed.

Suddenly the sound of my door opening and closing shot my attention and I glanced back to see my mother.
"Chris?" She whispered.
"Mom?" I trembled standing up.

She rushed forwards and embraced me in a hug. I was confused by the gesture.
"Mom? Why are you hugging me? I'm the reason why you are going to die tonight!" I cried out tears slipping from my eyes.
"My sweet boy, it wasn't your fault, I let my anger guide me into my actions on which I never should of took. You. My honorable son saved your friend," she spoke.
My lip trembled as I tried to keep my tears in.
"But I'm the reason your going to die," I cried, "How am I supposed to live with that the rest of my life!"

My mom wiped away my tear and shook her head. "You... You aren't the reason! Do you understand me? It's not your fault, you where doing what I taught you to do, what your father taught you to do," she spoke tears almost flowing from her as well.

"Which is?" I asked.
"The honorable thing, Chris honey you're doing what you think is right. You're trying to save lives and you're moe capable than your father or Gerald. I want you to promise me something please."
"Anything."
"Watch after your sister for me, please. Protect her with your life. Don't let her be corrupted show her the light like you have shown so many others," she cried.

"But what if there's something I can't stop, what if in suck by mountain ash or hit by silver? What if I can't get to her in time?" I asked.
"Then kill whoever did it. Or whoever is trying to do it. The last thing I can give you is this Chris," she said and she handed me a flash drive.

"What is this?" I asked eyeing the flash drive.
"This is you. I stole it from Gerald. It's everything we have on the white wolf. This will help you grow stronger, please take it use it to protect others," she cried.

"I promise mom. I won't let you down."

That was the last time I every saw my mother alive.

>>>>

I walked out of the boys locker room after my shower. Spring brake practice coach really? But on the bright side means I can keep an eye on Jackson and not let him murder anyone. Again. Like stab his tail through someone's heart.