Chapter 6

Italics = Thoughts 

Draxon's POV

I put down the book of folk tales and looked out the window. "Wow... The stories they make of me are quite amazing. But they are rather inaccurate or exaggerated." I chuckled a little. "I don't remember being able to use the power of the sun to burn my enemies. Maybe I should try it sometime."

The door opened and Lucy walked in. "So you're finally up then?" I asked, still looking out the window.

"You make that sound like I was supposed to be up earlier" she said, sitting down on the couch opposite me.

"It is 5 pm right now" I said pointedly, looking away from the window. I stood up and put the book back on the shelf. "You've been sleeping for..." I did some quick math in my head. "19 hours"

"Hey! Who used all of their magic?" Lucy said indignantly. "It's very tiring you know. And speaking of magic... What sort do you use?"

I hesitated. I was rather reluctant about revealing my magic for a myriad of reasons. "Erm... you see..." Luckily, right at that moment, William came in.

"The carriage is arriving soon." He said in his usual jovial manner. "It should be here in roughly 10 minutes. You won't need to return it, since we rented it in the first place."

"Where do we return it to?" Lucy asked.

He looked towards Lucy. "The eastern side of Crocus. There's a massive building there. You cannot miss it." He fumbled in his pocket. "Ah yes, I almost forgot. Here's your reward of 100,000 jewels"

Lucy looked shocked. "Oh no! I cannot possibly take that!" She started shaking her head. "I didn't complete the mission at all! I didn't find your wife's hat!"

William waved his hand at Lucy's protests. "I insist upon it. You helped an old man do the most trivial of jobs, aka, getting a simple hat. Not anyone would have done such a thing."

They continued arguing with each other, both of them giving more and more ridiculous reasons as to why they should or shouldn't take the reward. I shook my head at the pair of them, amused at their bickering. "Oh come on Lucy! Just take it! He's offering it to you! Why would you turn down free money?"

I turned my back on their argument and I went to the bookshelf and took out another book. Just as I was going to read it, I heard the sharp clip-clop of hooves striking gravel. Those two were still so embroiled in their argument that they did not even notice a person opening the door.

"William?" I heard a female voice call out. "I'm back."

"Hey William!" I called out. "Your wife is back with the carriage."

"Oh she is?" William asked me, slightly red-faced. "That was barely five minutes. Anyway, young lady, if you do not take it, I will stuff it down your throat."

Lucy looked shocked. "You wouldn't!" she gasped.

"Yeah, you're right I wouldn't..." William scratched his head bemused. "Looks like I'll just have to give it to Draxon here."

The door to the living room opened, and an old lady hobbled in on a walking stick (she basically looks like Ultear in her old age). "William whe- Guests!" she exclaimed with delight. "We normally don't get visitors often, this is a nice change. What are your names?"

"I'm Draxon"

"I'm Lucy"

"They helped me get your hat back" William said, fetching the hat from the table. "And did you see the sky?"